Probe into London housing market offshore investment amid 'dirty money' fears
Sadiq Khan has ordered an inquiry into the scale and impact of foreign investment in the London housing market amid fears over a potential "surge" in money flowing in from overseas.
The Mayor of London said there was an urgent need for more transparency around the flow of offshore investment in property to ensure the capital is not being flooded with "dirty money".
Spiralling prices in parts of central London have left many unable to get a foot on the property ladder, leading to concerns over gentrification and the creation of "ghost towns" where swathes of... read more
- 19:40 School bus bullies leave boy, 7, in tears by making fun of his...
- 19:38 Who will be next Arsenal manager? The contenders to replace Wenger
- 19:37 Care for 13,000 Britons at risk as provider seeks rescue plan
- 19:27 Man jailed for 20-year spate of sex abuse on children
- 19:25 Luis Enrique set to take over from Arsene Wenger at Arsenal at the...
- 19:25 Mark Robins makes this change to Coventry City team to face Stevenage
- 19:24 Towering figure in junior sport, George Brough, dies aged 82
- 19:23 England's netball success shines light on thriving UK club scene
- 19:23 Arsène Wenger, Arsenal's departing general, deserves a fitting...
- 19:23 Swedish superstar DJ Avicii dead at just 28
- 19:21 There's life in this old bird yet
- 19:20 Tornado steam train breaks down during 90mph run
- 19:19 Joseph Stiglitz: 2018 Sydney Peace prize winner on tax cuts and Trump
- 19:19 Swedish DJ Avicii dies aged 28
- 19:16 WATCH: CCTV appeal after fire at Preston shed company
- 19:15 DJ Avicci dies aged 28
- 19:15 New Jersey gym fires three staff members after two black men are...
- 19:12 WATCH: CCTV appeal after fire at Preston shed company
- 19:12 Swedish DJ Avicii has died at the age of 28
- 19:12 Swedish DJ Avicii found dead aged 28
- 19:11 Middleton's Ash End Children's Farm opens new mini beast attraction
- 19:11 Drug dealer suspects arrested and two cannabis farms destroyed...
- 19:11 DJ Avicii dies at the age of 28, his agent confirms
- 19:11 Swedish DJ Avicii dies aged 28
- 19:10 West Brom director Richard Garlick to leave the club to take up new...
- 19:08 People hurt in multi-vehicle crash on the M1 tonight
- 19:06 Avicii dead at 28 as world famous DJ and producer passes away
- 19:06 Scientists edge closer to creating a male pill that turns off sperm...
- 19:06 Nasa will have a space station that will orbit the moon in 2025 to...
- 19:06 Apple reveals 'Daisy', the robot that takes apart your dead iPhone...