Probe as online pharmacies 'freely prescribing antibiotics'
An investigation has been launched into online pharmacies after a number of websites freely prescribed antibiotics to reporters.
The General Medical Council (GMC) launched the probe based on evidence collected by BBC Radio 5 live, and said that "the overprescribing of antibiotics risks the health of us all".
The investigation looked at 17 UK-based pharmacies selling antibiotics online and found that, while most appeared to operate wi thin National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice) guidelines, one case issued three prescriptions in the space of 24 hours to a B BC... read more
- 02:58 Stephen Martin: Rates rise risky gamble for small firms
- 02:58 Andrew Vine: 50,000 deaths a year demand an end to pollution
- 02:58 Greg Wright: It’s wrong to use families as pawns in Brexit game
- 02:24 David Cassidy: Ex-Partridge Family idol says he has dementia
- 02:22 Nikkei edges up as yen eases, Nippon Paper surges
- 02:13 Alt-right editor challenges journalists to visit Sweden
- 02:06 Governments 'must address corruption to defeat IS', says report
- 02:02 Trump's state visit will go ahead despite angry backlash
- 02:02 PM steps up Brexit Bill pressure as she sits in on peers' debate
- 02:02 Ministers dismiss business rates 'underestimation' reports
- 02:02 Yo-yo dieting 'could be good for you even if you put all the weight...
- 02:02 Taking children back to US would be bad parenting, says Rob Delaney
- 02:02 Watchdog calls for separation of officers in fatal incidents to...
- 01:52 Colombia FARC rebels to start disarmament process
- 01:42 EastEnders spoiler: Ian Beale writes his will after suffering a...
- 01:41 Arsene Wenger 'astonished' by Sutton's performance as Arsenal...
- 01:41 Wales coach Rob Howley faced with selection issue as Taulupe...
- 01:39 Snail venom compound 'offers chronic pain therapy'
- 01:36 Mary Berry 'stands by' Paul Hollywood after Bake Off move
- 01:30 Children's hospital is first to be rated 'outstanding'
- 01:25 Benefits variations unacceptable - MPs
- 01:25 Hospital cuts planned in most of England
- 01:23 Uber hires ex-U.S. Attorney General Holder to probe sexual harassment
- 01:23 Bungling European Union displays US flag with EXTRA STAR during...
- 01:12 Reliance's Jio hails Uber ride in payments battle with PayTM
- 01:12 Gloucester say sorry for fan's rude gesture to Saracens forward...
- 01:12 Jamie Heaslip believes Ireland are on right path as No 8 admits...
- 01:12 Sutton's cramped Gander Green Lane was an intense setting for...
- 01:12 U.S. crude prices rise as investors bet big on oil strength
- 01:04 Toshiba wants to raise at least $8.8 billion from sale of chip unit...