Princess remembered fondly 27 years after visit to south Cumbria
As part of her 1990 visit to Ulverston, Princess Diana officially opened St Mary's Hospice on October 1.
Crowds had flocked to the town from across the area to catch a glimpse of the Princess of Wales as she met staff and volunteers at the hospice.
Some of those lucky enough to meet Diana presented her with roses and flowers, including residents at nearby care home Marsh House.
We are privileged that Princess Diana visited our hospice In a statement on Facebook, the hospice said: "We are privileged that Princess Diana visited our hospice on October 1 1990.
"This helped to raise St... read more
- 16:44 Two days of ‘persistent snow’ forecast for Warwickshire with Met...
- 16:43 Florida inmate screams and thrashes at his execution
- 16:43 Mum ransacked handbag in Mansfield nightclub
- 16:43 Ex soldier’s arrest for wrapping belt around hand in Mansfield fracas
- 16:43 Cumbrian officer receives honour from Queen
- 16:42 Bassetlaw drink driver crashed into railings in Mansfield
- 16:41 Attacker raped stranger in her own home before defecating on her...
- 16:41 VIDEO: Sir Vince Cable urges firms to back £1m Weston Park Cancer...
- 16:40 Christopher Plummer blasts pay gap on All The Money In The World
- 16:40 It’s time to talk about facials – the kind that involve semen
- 16:40 Pep Guardiola subjected to bizarre Spanish police check as it is...
- 16:40 Bassetlaw drink driver crashed into railings in Mansfield
- 16:39 Alastair Campbell: Misguided Lords will damage real local journalism
- 16:37 Man Utd and Chelsea suffer transfer blow over Juventus target Alex...
- 16:37 Report estimates 700 grooming victims in Northumbria Police area
- 16:37 Borders boozer’s bungled beer-swilling bid a smash hit online
- 16:37 Ed Sheeran teases what song he and Cherry Seaborn will have their...
- 16:37 'They're a Championship club' - what every rival boss has said...
- 16:36 Trump labels security guard who hid from Florida shooter a ‘coward’
- 16:36 Mansfield teen’s car vandalism spree
- 16:36 School UN-BANS popular devices after saying they could help youngsters
- 16:36 Bassetlaw drink driver crashed into railings in Mansfield
- 16:36 Teenage mum jailed for covering toddler in make up to hide abuse
- 16:36 Barrow pupils experience mock parliament event with MP
- 16:36 North Korea PANIC as Trump announces ‘LARGEST EVER’ sanctions in...
- 16:35 Can we predict when the next SUPER VOLCANO will blow? Rumbling...
- 16:34 Attacker raped stranger in her own home before defecating on her...
- 16:34 EU citizens: how has Brexit impacted your long term plans?
- 16:33 Rail passengers face more expensive fares and timetable chaos after...
- 16:33 Robert Lewandowski puts Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea on alert as...