Pressure mounts on May to reveal preferred option for airport expansion
Theresa May will begin the week under pressure to reveal her preferred option for airport expansion with a compromise solution backing new runways at both Heathrow and Gatwick apparently off the table.
It is understood that the Prime Minister is very unlikely to back expansion at both London airports with a decision expected imminently.
The issue is highly politically sensitive given the opposition to a new Heathrow runway from Cabinet ministers like Boris Johnson and Justine Greening, and some backbenchers
A decision was repeatedly delayed by Mrs May’s predecessor David Cameron and Tories... read more
- 13:10 Find out if it is ever legally too hot to be at work
- 13:09 Make a donation to Melissa who is cycling in The Melton Pork Pie Pedal
- 13:09 Brexit one year on: What has happened in 12 months and what happens...
- 13:09 Stratford murderer loses bid to clear his name at Court of Appeal
- 13:09 Gambling addict who stole over £38,000 from Lincolnshire County...
- 13:08 Teenager with severe frostbite faced having his hands amputated...
- 13:08 Desk declutter save's life of TV producer: Glamorous 33-year-old...
- 13:08 Teenagers binge-drink because they hate their bodies - not because...
- 13:06 Man found dead at Rhyl hotel
- 13:06 Brexit: What is UK offering EU citizens?
- 13:06 Ireland could review cap on bank share sales - finance minister
- 13:06 McDonald's bring back the Big Tasty - but you don't have long to...
- 13:06 Sunderland to Newcastle bus service axed as changes announced to...
- 13:05 Council announces £900,000 blitz on South Kesteven ‘grot spots’
- 13:05 Moretonville Junior Football Club named best in the South of England
- 13:05 Wolston fraudster jailed after fleecing pensioner out of more than...
- 13:04 CCTV image released of man police would like to identify after...
- 13:04 Mayor urges people to get behind Liverpool Commonwealth Games bid
- 13:04 Missing man appeal made by police
- 13:03 Sheffield named 'banter capital of Britain'
- 13:03 Power cut hits over 1,000 Whitehaven properties
- 13:03 LETTER: Brexit - no half way house
- 13:03 Hotpoint urges people with same fridge-freezer model that started...
- 13:03 POLICE UPDATE: 'Suspicious' incident at Biddulph's Woodhouse...
- 13:03 Young woman fights for life after being hit by car near Leeds
- 13:03 Baby panda charms Japan
- 13:03 Policing in West Yorkshire: Why we can’t stop watching the detectives
- 13:03 Drugs police raid Lytham home
- 13:03 WHAT’S ON: Armed Forces Day Blackpool events and offers
- 13:02 ECB's Draghi tells EU leaders expects economy, wages to grow