Pressure mounts on city council to save the Brum's oldest tree
Pressure is mounting on Birmingham City Council to reject plans to cut down the city’s oldest tree in order to make way for the Midland Metro extension.
Viv Astling, former chairman of the National Forest Company, said the city’s residents and visitors to the ICC “deserve more than the sight of bricks and concrete.”
Click to play Tap to play The Live Event you are trying to watch is either unavailable or has not started Please refresh this page in your browser to reload this live event video
And in a forceful letter he added that he couldn’t believe the city council would allow the axeing... read more
- 08:08 North East voters 'trust Labour with NHS', survey shows
- 08:08 Marketing students flying the flag for Whitby Town
- 08:08 Potato growers dig the latest smartphone technology
- 08:08 A rare glimpse into the lost world of Camelot
- 08:07 Police seize nuisance bike from park
- 08:06 French Open 2017: Tim Henman reveals Andy Murray concerns ahead of...
- 08:06 Arsenal transfer news LIVE updates: Perez exit, Wenger told to sign...
- 08:06 8 reasons to visit Poole – including Brownsea Island and Corfe Castle
- 08:06 TOWIE’S Chris Clark reveals reason behind split from Jesy Nelson:...
- 08:05 Hartlepool man’s benefit claim nightmare
- 08:05 Sea Cadets scoop welcome donation
- 08:05 Countdown to Armed Forces Day 2017 to continue with services events
- 08:05 Car bomb outside ice cream shop kills 13 during Ramadan in Baghdad
- 08:05 Dog’s shocking injuries after ‘excessive force’ by airport staff
- 08:04 Leading the way in the new digital age
- 08:04 Walney Wind Farm owners in £1bn deal
- 08:04 Help for firms to cast net in pool of talent
- 08:04 Non-political evening to mark opening of Windermere office
- 08:04 Six Cumbria firms in running for £10k prize revealed
- 08:04 Residents in Cumbrian town fed up with repeated vandalism
- 08:04 Barrow men play key roles in firm pioneering technology
- 08:03 First picture of zookeeper Rosa King killed in horrific tiger...
- 08:02 'She was a guardian angel' - family of Michelle Kiss pay emotional...
- 08:01 Cumbrian cadets jet off on 'training mission' to Cyprus
- 08:01 Burst water main in South Tyneside this morning
- 07:59 Manchester United’s Ander Herrera to be offered new contract amid...
- 07:57 SNP manifesto: End austerity, tax raise and own immigration policy
- 07:57 South Korea's Jeju Air says China approves flights in sign of...
- 07:56 Manchester United players confirm they have left the club
- 07:54 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 30