Pressure grows against plans to demolish B&Q
STRATFORD District Council is being urged to ensure that do-it-yourself retail facilities are provided in Stratford following the impending demolition of the B&Q store at the Maybird Centre.
Last month the council’s west area planning committee approved proposals to demolish the B&Q building and replace it with three new retail outlets.
The Capital Hill Partnership – a pension fund that owns the Maybird site – has argued that the work was needed to bring that end of the retail park up to the same standard as the rest of the units.
The company said the new scheme could create around... read more
- 15:10 Pupils inspired to spring clean
- 15:10 Belmont gains top marks
- 15:10 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:10 In pictures: Snow decorates scenes across Harrogate district
- 15:10 Nigel Clough gives update on early contract discussions with Matt...
- 15:10 Aussie flu LATEST: Almost 600 hospitalised in seven days - deadly...
- 15:10 ‘A gentleman of the old school’
- 15:10 A fond farewell to true hero of the Coquet Valley
- 15:10 Nominate your community heroes
- 15:09 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:09 In pictures: Snow decorates scenes across Harrogate district
- 15:09 Scarlet fever: Number of cases hit 40, with Barrow among places hit
- 15:09 Images of Yesteryear
- 15:09 New timetable of healthy walks launched for Northumberland
- 15:09 Riddle over sudden demise of Wigan pub
- 15:08 Merkel's grand coalition could be over in TWO YEARS - even if it's...
- 15:08 German wage STAGNATION: EU immigration to blame for low level, top...
- 15:08 Smuggling gang SMASHED after years of bringing Iraq migrants to UK...
- 15:08 Gaz Beadle announces names baby boy Chester Raymond Beadle McVey...
- 15:07 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:07 Derby County midfielder George Thorne expresses delight at signing...
- 15:06 South Kesteven councillor calls for abolition of county council
- 15:06 Grants to help Wyre youngsters develop skills
- 15:06 Council's unanimous opposition to rural fracking bid
- 15:06 South Shields woman claimed drugs were sweets after smuggling them...
- 15:05 Pupils inspired to spring clean
- 15:05 Belmont gains top marks
- 15:05 Fell rescuers called out to assist ambulance crew near Pateley Bridge
- 15:05 Northants Police issue doorstep crime warning after high winds
- 15:05 High Tides - January 20 to January 27