PRESIDENTIAL POLLS: Trump in shock loss on TV debate but still in race for the White House
The vast majority of viewers who tuned in to the clash between the candidates thought Clinton cruised to a resounding victory, heaping pressure on Trump to perform at the next debate on October 9.
In total, 62 per cent of viewers thought Clinton won the debate, which covered topics such as fighting Islamic State and dealing with race relations in America.
Surprisingly, only 27 per cent of debate watchers felt Trump’s performance was the most impressive.
However, the CNN/ORC poll of viewers who watched the debate from home is understood to include more Democrats than Republicans, which is... read more
- 13:25 What is austerity?
- 13:24 YP Comment: The Hillsborough fight for justice – and how it can...
- 13:24 The pint-puller that's better than a bartender! Students create a...
- 13:23 The latest store to open at Bullring revealed
- 13:23 German fiscal plans include provisions for possible ECB rate hikes...
- 13:23 General Election 2017 result has caused 'collapse' in consumer...
- 13:22 Campaign week for Erb’s palsy
- 13:22 Liverpool target Naby Keita admits he wants to join Manchester City
- 13:22 Scots version of Harry Potter to be published
- 13:22 SO Fest performances in Horncastle relocate to Stanhope Hall due to...
- 13:21 Hillsborough: What the six defendants are accused of
- 13:20 Rare bee-eater birds seen at Nottinghamshire sand quarry
- 13:20 Mileposts project nears completion
- 13:20 Tributes paid to 17-year-old girl 'angel' Saffron Pickering
- 13:20 Appeal to find teen last seen outside Nottinghamshire supermarket
- 13:20 Get your free Herald bottle of water at Stratford River Festival
- 13:20 PICTURE: Cute little kestrel chicks are laid at Conisbrough Castle
- 13:20 Manchester United forward Anthony Martial responds to Old Trafford...
- 13:19 Three-year sentence for spice dealer given a second chance
- 13:19 Michael Bond, creator of Paddington bear, dies at 91
- 13:19 Debris causes delays
- 13:19 Fun event assault and theft probe by police
- 13:19 Ramadan event helps victims of terror outrage
- 13:19 Korean nuclear firm to be 'long-term partner' in Cumbria
- 13:19 Popular Paul to get public send-off
- 13:19 First birthday joy for miracle twin sisters
- 13:19 Manic episode 'caused killing'
- 13:19 Death of a horse whisperer at 70
- 13:19 Next stop... price hikes
- 13:19 Five ways to protect yourself from ID fraud - and 5 things to do it...