Prescription painkiller that ‘claims more lives than heroin’
Prescription painkiller Tramadol is the deadliest drug in the UK, according to a leading pathologist.
It causes more deaths than the likes of heroin and cocaine and should be upgraded to a Class A drug, Professor Jack Crane said.
Gravedigger of the Year is a thing and the winner is loving life The pills should only be available via prescription, but there is a growing black market for Tramadol, anti-drug campaigners claim.
Professor Crane, state pathologist for Northern Ireland, told ITV News: ‘I don’t think that people realise how potentially risky taking Tramadol is.
‘I think it’s because... read more
- 17:00 Virgin Trains puts 300,000 half-price East Coast tickets up for sale
- 17:00 Road closure in place as crews tackle Corby fire
- 17:00 Charles Manson death: Where are the Family members now?
- 17:00 Senator Al Franken accused of misconduct by second woman
- 17:00 Own goal of the year? Chelsea loanee Fankaty Dabo chips his OWN...
- 17:00 Volvo Cars to supply Uber with up to 24,000 self-driving cars
- 17:00 World's first artificial meteor shower will take place in 2019 with...
- 16:58 Heart disease symptoms: Having a DOG could reduce your risk of...
- 16:58 Who is Morgan Tsvangirai? Zimbabwe opposition leader calls for...
- 16:58 Angela Merkel joins calls for new elections after coalition talks...
- 16:58 Heathrow reveals their Christmas advert featuring the 50-year love...
- 16:58 North Korea crisis: Donald Trump declares intent to brand Pyongyang...
- 16:58 Man arrested after 25-year-old rookie cop is shot dead
- 16:58 Trump plans to declare North Korea a state sponsor of terror
- 16:58 Death of young man 'not suspicious', Derbyshire police say
- 16:58 Dad convinces others that parking space is only for black people
- 16:58 Man jailed for smothering children to death with petrol-soaked rag
- 16:58 Delays on A1 near Leeds after three-car crash
- 16:57 Crash blocks Wakefield road
- 16:56 Arsenal appoint recruitment expert Sven Mislintat who found stars...
- 16:56 Tyson Fury calls out Tony Bellew after David Haye pulls out of...
- 16:55 Delays on A1 near Leeds after three-car crash
- 16:54 Three injured as bus and van in head-on crash
- 16:53 Merkel 'prefers new vote' after talks fail
- 16:51 There was NO pause in global warming: 'Slow down' in climate change...
- 16:51 Site of the Battle of Brunanburh that saved England from Viking...
- 16:51 UK house price trends: how Bucks compares with the rest of the country
- 16:50 Primark are selling Disney birthstone necklaces for £3
- 16:50 A festival of festive fun set to dazzle at Mirfield’s big lights...
- 16:49 Rare African shilling notes stolen from Leicestershire home in...