Prescription painkiller that ‘claims more lives than heroin’
Prescription painkiller Tramadol is the deadliest drug in the UK, according to a leading pathologist.
It causes more deaths than the likes of heroin and cocaine and should be upgraded to a Class A drug, Professor Jack Crane said.
Gravedigger of the Year is a thing and the winner is loving life The pills should only be available via prescription, but there is a growing black market for Tramadol, anti-drug campaigners claim.
Professor Crane, state pathologist for Northern Ireland, told ITV News: ‘I don’t think that people realise how potentially risky taking Tramadol is.
‘I think it’s because... read more
- 14:09 Reading bug hits school students
- 14:09 Chris Grayling accused of ‘running scared’ as he pulls out of...
- 14:09 Solicitor is found guilty of stealing Wigan firm’s cash
- 14:08 Gentle old horse had to be put down after thugs cut its tongue out
- 14:08 Poundworld to hold 'closing down' sales as administrators insist...
- 14:06 Support proves key for teachers and children alike in Kenya’s...
- 14:06 UPDATE: Two men arrested following armed police operation in...
- 14:05 Bumper crowd turns out for Cleary's Home Show
- 14:03 Work continues on derelict Central Plaza Hotel in Carlisle
- 14:02 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 14:01 Appeal to trace family of Washington man
- 14:00 Ex-navy officer to be sentenced for sexual offences against eight...
- 14:00 Charity cyclist to set off at border
- 14:00 Should cobbles make a return to town centre?
- 14:00 Woman found after police appeal
- 14:00 RSPB: Frogs and toads are disappearing from Cumbrian gardens
- 14:00 Mesh bags are a thing this summer so our wallets can rejoice
- 13:59 Is it time to legalise medical cannabis in the UK?
- 13:59 Hull's Poundworld stores are officially closing - with a massive...
- 13:58 Two men rob man and woman of bike and phone in Northampton
- 13:58 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:56 Arsenal transfer news: How Ever Banega could fit into Unai Emery's...
- 13:56 Gateshead snap up released Middlesbrough youngster
- 13:55 Primary school bullies chop off five-year-old disabled girl's hair...
- 13:55 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:55 It's going to be a scorcher and here's what's happening
- 13:54 Argentinean TV station held a minute’s silence after Croatia defeat
- 13:54 Arsenal forget Joel Campbell plays for the club as Costa Rica take...
- 13:54 Exam board makes last-minute changes to two A-level papers after leak
- 13:53 Matteo Salvini: a political chameleon thriving on fears