Premature baby left to die alone in sluice room, report reveals
Hospital staff left a premature baby "in a sluice room to die alone" and misdiagnosed a mother who died from a "catastrophic haemorrhage" in two separate cases, a report has revealed.
Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust's review of its Royal Oldham and North Manchester General hospitals identified several "unacceptable situations".
The Manchester Evening News uncovered the initially internal-only report.
The trust said it had apologised to the families involved for "any failings".
The review, which was carried out in June, followed critical reports by... read more
- 00:47 Atletico Madrid hoping to welcome back Jan Oblak to starting XI as...
- 00:46 Brazil's wheelchair tourism guru
- 00:37 EastEnders spoilers: Collapse horror ahead for Ian Beale
- 00:37 Long-winded speech an ‘early warning sign’ for Alzheimer’s
- 00:37 David Cassidy slurs his words, forgets lyrics, hits self with mic...
- 00:37 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Tuesday
- 00:36 Two arrested as Barrow police take proactive stance on community...
- 00:36 Roads to close for Barrow Island regeneration work
- 00:36 Long-winded speech could be early sign of Alzheimer's, says study
- 00:36 New voice for disabled consumers
- 00:36 MPs attack ministers' lack of action on gender pay gap
- 00:34 A610 roundabout is Nottingham's jams hotspot of the year
- 00:33 Grandparents 'saving working families billions in childcare costs'
- 00:33 City news: UK production, RBS, Bruce Carnegie-Brown and Interserve
- 00:33 Shares drop at battered Bovis Homes
- 00:31 Dan Carter loses sponsorship contract with Land Rover after failing...
- 00:27 New £4.5m Home Bargains superstore opening in Morecambe
- 00:24 Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren a doubt for Leicester trip as he...
- 00:24 Fabio Quagliarella ends six-year silence on Napoli exit after...
- 00:24 How drug development is speeding up in the cloud
- 00:24 New future for historic Leeds city centre building
- 00:24 Leeds council tax bills to go up by £70... but social housing rents...
- 00:23 Tom Hanks got wife Rita Wilson through breast cancer ordeal by...
- 00:22 Extremely British Muslims reveals secrets of the Birmingham mosque...
- 00:16 Album reviews with Will Stone
- 00:16 ‘I’ll never stop being a foot soldier of this music’
- 00:16 Stokes nets £1.7m for first stint in Indian T20 league
- 00:16 UK sport shuts 7 out in the cold
- 00:17 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola ahead of Monaco clash: Critics...
- 00:16 Astellar Super League display heralds a bright future