Pregnant women who suffer morning sickness 'could be less likely to miscarry', says study
Nausea and nausea with vomiting were linked to a reduction in the risk of losing a pregnancy of between 50 and 75 percent, researchers found.
The experts examined data of almost 800 women who had suffered one or two previous miscarriages.
Overall, 188 of the pregnancies - nearly 25 percent - were lost to miscarriage, with many typically occurring around seven weeks' gestation.
All the women recorded their nausea symptoms and sickness through pregnancy diaries and questionnaires.
At week two of gestation, almost 18 percent of women reported nausea without vomiting while 2.7 percent said... read more
- 07:39 Blackpool patients face having to lose weight before surgery
- 07:38 Manchester United Champions League draw predictor
- 07:38 Coronation Street Christmas spoilers: Todd Grimshaw exit storyline...
- 07:38 Man City Champions League draw predictor
- 07:38 Leeds bus services face disruption as private hire drivers stage...
- 07:38 SNOW WATCH: Derbyshire school and road closures
- 07:38 Tokyo 2020 Olympic mascots to be chosen by children
- 07:37 Woman injured after HGV and car crash in Mirfield
- 07:37 Ronnie O’Sullivan heats up Shaun Murphy rivalry with UK Snooker...
- 07:36 Real Madrid confident of landing Tottenham star Hugo Lloris based...
- 07:36 Man Utd on red alert as Fulham begin hunt for wonderkid Ryan...
- 07:33 New Pokemon Go Gen 3 region exclusives revealed following Weather...
- 07:32 Snow and ice to hit Monday commute as Britain shivers
- 07:31 Santa’s grotto closes down after Father Christmas is snowed in
- 07:31 How snow and ice in London is affecting tubes, trains, buses and roads
- 07:31 Man Utd news: Danny Murphy aims surprising jibe at Jose Mourinho...
- 07:31 Barcelona news: Man Utd stunned by latest Antoine Griezmann...
- 07:31 Bagging up brilliant marketing
- 07:31 Lancashire County Council award £104m NHS contract to Virgin Care
- 07:31 Leeds bus services face disruption as private hire drivers stage...
- 07:26 Snow and ice to hit Monday commute as Britain shivers
- 07:26 Metro disruption LIVE: Delays of more than 30 minutes due to four...
- 07:26 Lionel Messi demands Barcelona contract talks urgently take place -...
- 07:23 SNOW WATCH: Derbyshire school and road closures
- 07:22 Lane closure on M6 after lorry fire
- 07:22 WANTED: Police search for man in connection with 'assault'
- 07:21 BBC weather: Carol Kirkwood brightens up icy forecast in fitted...
- 07:21 SNOW WATCH: Derbyshire school and road closures
- 07:20 Snow and ice to hit Monday commute as Britain shivers
- 07:20 Dad of Yassar Yaqub challenges IPCC chief to live TV debate