Pregnant women and new mums in mental health funding boost
Twenty areas across England are to receive funding to provide more support for pregnant women and new mothers with severe mental health problems.
NHS England is spending £40m on doctors and other specialist mental health workers as part of its drive to help 30,000 more women by 2021.
At present, more than half of the country provides only basic services.
One in five women experiences severe depression or in some cases psychosis around the time of childbirth.
Buddying The funding will pay for more nurses and psychiatrists to provide specialist care for women in their homes and in maternity... read more
- 16:12 RNLI figures show increase for Northumberland lifeboat crews
- 16:12 Welcome to Chester's chocolate factory
- 16:12 Do you know this man?
- 16:11 Suspect in school machete incident appears in court
- 16:11 Police 'wanted' man appeal: Have you seen this suspected burglar...
- 16:11 Stabbing victim Aiden McAteer's family tell of shock at home attack
- 16:11 Hilton shoplifter stole garlic and tomatoes worth £1 from Tesco
- 16:11 Wife beating cricketer Mustafa Bashir could have his sentence...
- 16:10 This is when Beauty and the Beast Chip mugs will be back in Primark
- 16:10 Revealed: Ambitious bid to send Channel 4 to Coventry
- 16:10 Some 146 migrants feared dead after shipwreck, sole survivor says
- 16:10 Do you recognise these watches?
- 16:08 Fantasy Football Tips: The transfers you should make for Gameweek 30
- 16:07 RNLI figures show increase for Northumberland lifeboat crews
- 16:07 Knitted chicks set to boost funds
- 16:07 Everything you need to know ahead of May's local elections in...
- 16:07 New property firm Watsons Estate Agency opens in Kimberley
- 16:07 See New Year's Eve road menace take police on 100mph pursuit in...
- 16:07 The Whitehouse in Sawley is to close and re-open as a tapas...
- 16:07 School cuts: 'Education is in crisis. We’re being asked to do more,...
- 16:06 Lord Jordan encourages Claverdon School pupils to grasp opportunities
- 16:06 Call goes out for your funny pet photos
- 16:06 Suspicious incident reported in Radford Semele
- 16:06 Merseyrail reveals Grand National day plans for train services...
- 16:06 Analysis: Brexit letter brings change of tone from PM
- 16:06 VIDEO: Fire closes off part of Mansfield town centre
- 16:06 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 16:05 President Hollande ‘Brexit will be PAINFUL for the British’
- 16:05 Engineers repair Syria's Tabqa dam spillways after shelling
- 16:05 Park on the kerb or the grass verge? You could soon be fined for...