Pregablin/ Lyrica: Home Office urged to make prescription drug a class C substance
A prescription drug being abused by teenagers in NI should be made a class C drug, health officials have said.
It is illegal to have class C drugs without a prescription and illegal to supply or sell them to others.
Pregablin, also known by the brand name Lyrica, is an anti-epileptic drug also used to relieve chronic pain.
Last year, pregablin was prescribed more in Northern Ireland than anywhere else in the UK.
'With Lyrica, I see people running about like zombies'
An ex-drug user, who lost his teenage friend to suicide after a battle with drugs, has told BBC News NI that abuse of Lyrica... read more
- 17:36 Mavericks investigate claims franchise is hostile workplace for women
- 17:36 Castleford dismiss Zak Hardaker after failed drugs test
- 17:35 Why Liverpool will exploit Man Utd in Premier League battle - Steve...
- 17:35 Dramatic video captures moment BMW catches fire in Leeds
- 17:35 In pictures: the best Food and drink hot spots on the North Coast 500
- 17:35 Campaigners' anger as health chiefs vote to move hospital services...
- 17:34 New RSC show accidentally revealed
- 17:33 Northamptonshire air ambulance service celebrates landmark 30,000th...
- 17:33 Characterful development for historical Mansfield hall
- 17:33 Germany's SPD confirm a dog will NOT get a chance to decide Angela...
- 17:33 Northamptonshire Shared Lives service for vulnerable adults rated...
- 17:31 Mount Brexit threatens to blow as May calls cabinet to Chequers
- 17:31 Carlisle takeaway boss fined after peanut allergy customer ended up...
- 17:31 Cumbrian school evacuated following oven "malfunction"
- 17:31 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge put some of the final touches to...
- 17:30 Talyllyn Railway marks locomotives' 100th birthday
- 17:30 Great Yarmouth Charter Academy bans 'McDonald's' hairstyle
- 17:30 Eating your way to a healthier life
- 17:28 Twitter bot purge prompts backlash
- 17:28 The Wolves view on the Aston Villa powershift
- 17:28 This is what Aston Villa cult hero Moustapha Salifou is doing now
- 17:27 My best photograph: Mars rover Curiosity's shot of the hill she'll...
- 17:27 Eating your way to a healthier life
- 17:26 Climbing Kilimanjaro for teenager who died after leukaemia battle
- 17:25 Climbing Kilimanjaro for teenager who died after leukaemia battle
- 17:24 Kate Middleton shows off her bump at BAFTAs 2018 in plunging green...
- 17:24 BAFTAs 2018: Actresses who IGNORED black dress code, including...
- 17:23 Brave woman who spent hours shaving 'freakish' body hair has...
- 17:23 American evangelist Billy Graham dies aged 99 after 70 years in the...
- 17:23 Gerry fired up by chemistry magazine feature