Pregablin/ Lyrica: Home Office urged to make prescription drug a class C substance
A prescription drug being abused by teenagers in NI should be made a class C drug, health officials have said.
It is illegal to have class C drugs without a prescription and illegal to supply or sell them to others.
Pregablin, also known by the brand name Lyrica, is an anti-epileptic drug also used to relieve chronic pain.
Last year, pregablin was prescribed more in Northern Ireland than anywhere else in the UK.
'With Lyrica, I see people running about like zombies'
An ex-drug user, who lost his teenage friend to suicide after a battle with drugs, has told BBC News NI that abuse of Lyrica... read more
- 08:03 Grieving families outraged at council decision to remove mementos...
- 08:03 Grimsby Town director John Fenty wants Paul Hurst to stay at the club
- 08:00 Andrew Percy: Now I'm the new Parks Minister!
- 08:00 Four In A Bed featuring Scunthorpe hotel to be aired on Channel 4
- 08:00 Your complete guide to 24 events this half-term
- 08:00 Scunthorpe United midfielder Josh Morris looks at different way of...
- 08:00 Perspective needed for Scunthorpe United after Oldham Athletic defeat
- 08:00 15 homes in North Lincolnshire that have been reduced the most
- 08:00 Ambulance service apologises for hour-long 999 delay after...
- 08:00 Derbyshire scientist creates test to predict likelihood of...
- 08:00 Town centre post office to shut before Christmas
- 08:00 Warwickshire duo claim titles at Horse of the Year show
- 08:00 Royal Mail reveals Christmas postage cut off dates - get organised...
- 07:59 Blackpool Victoria Hospital’s ‘thank-ewe’ to heart surgery patient
- 07:55 Cork city guide: what to see, plus the best bars, hotels and...
- 07:54 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte reveals Paul Pogba dreamed of returning...
- 07:54 Grimsby family celebrate latest addition - making them five...
- 07:54 Chelsea attacker Eden Hazard will lead revenge charge against...
- 07:54 Miracle baby born with half a heart is family's best Christmas present
- 07:53 Big charity total raised by store staff
- 07:49 Inquiry finds Syrian government forces responsible for third gas...
- 07:49 Iraqi army tries to take main Christian town near Mosul
- 07:47 Take note of these M56 closures if you're jetting off on holiday
- 07:45 Opinion column – Knight’s Days with Sir Greg Knight MP
- 07:42 Triple tragedy spurs on granddaughter's staggering £3.5k fundraiser
- 07:39 Opinion column – Knight’s Days with Sir Greg Knight MP
- 07:38 Boy, 13, admits child rape after watching ‘gay porn’
- 07:38 Prison worker denies collecting inmate's semen in affair allegation
- 07:37 Education alliance celebrates 50th anniversary
- 07:36 Former Sunderland striker Daryl Murphy must bide his time at...