Preacher 'did not warn of bomb'
A STREET preacher accused of telling commuters there was a bomb on a city centre tram has been found not guilty of causing passenger distress.
Patrick Raphael (52), appeared before Manchester magistrates' court charged with causing Metrolink users and other passers-by harassment, alarm or distress.
He denied this and after a short trial, magistrates found him not guilty.
It was stated that Mr Raphael, of Whitstable Close, Chadderton, regularly held sermons in the city centre, was accused of saying "there is a bomb on the tram gong to Bury".
But giving evidence he said this was not... read more
- 13:24 New Zealand coach Steve Hansen hails Kieran Read's display against...
- 13:23 In pictures: Theresa May's visit to Liverpool for Armed Forces Day
- 13:23 Watch: Leeds marks Armed Forces Day
- 13:18 Arsenal starlet Chris Willock closing in on Benfica transfer move
- 13:17 16 things you only know if you live in Clapham
- 13:17 Glencore ups bidding war for Rio Tinto's coal mines to £2.1bn
- 13:17 VIDEO: All your questions answered in our PNE Q&A
- 13:16 Marco Verratti to Barcelona: PSG star gives update on his future
- 13:16 Brooklyn Beckham blasted over 'terrible' photography book with...
- 13:16 Desperate mum 'had row with 999 operator' just minutes before...
- 13:14 Masterchef finalist to host supper club
- 13:14 JD Sports set to open new Sheffield store
- 13:14 The Derby cat made famous by the ICC Women's Cricket World Cup
- 13:13 Chester's Wesley Church Centre reopens after £500,000 refurbishment
- 13:13 Sauber chairman hits out as tempers flare in wake of Monisha...
- 13:13 Liverpool will bid for Arsenal star Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain but...
- 13:13 Man Utd buying Alvaro Morata, Fabinho and Jordi Alba would be great...
- 13:10 Bellator NYC: How to watch Sonnen vs. Silva live
- 13:09 Crash kills man and woman pedestrians as they cross A64 near Malton
- 13:08 Viz founder Simon Donald to compete in Great North Run after MS...
- 13:08 From 2lbs to tennis star - the incredible story of a High Heaton...
- 13:08 FEATURE: Opera in Harborough - it’s hot in every sense!
- 13:07 Three-year-old double baby of the year winner diagnosed with brain...
- 13:06 Azerbaijan Grand Prix qualifying F1 LIVE: Lewis Hamilton aims to...
- 13:05 Declan Donnelly may have known about Anthony McPartlin’s battle...
- 13:05 Man suffers broken jaw in attack by schoolboy wearing blue arm cast
- 13:05 Istanbul bans gay and transgender pride march for second year
- 13:04 Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service gives barbecue safety advice...
- 13:03 World Taekwondo Federation changes name because WTF acronym...
- 13:01 Charity boss hailed a UK digital leader