Preacher 'did not warn of bomb'
A STREET preacher accused of telling commuters there was a bomb on a city centre tram has been found not guilty of causing passenger distress.
Patrick Raphael (52), appeared before Manchester magistrates' court charged with causing Metrolink users and other passers-by harassment, alarm or distress.
He denied this and after a short trial, magistrates found him not guilty.
It was stated that Mr Raphael, of Whitstable Close, Chadderton, regularly held sermons in the city centre, was accused of saying "there is a bomb on the tram gong to Bury".
But giving evidence he said this was not... read more
- 18:55 Smoke from Seaforth blaze to lower this evening which could cause...
- 18:54 Newcastle United 3-0 Ipswich Town: Rafael Benitez's boys extend...
- 18:54 US Grand Prix F1 qualifying LIVE: Lewis Hamilton targets pole...
- 18:53 See what the chocolate sausage really tasted like at Chocival
- 18:51 Why being a 'silver splitter' is a health risk: Those who divorce...
- 18:50 Dad hopes his battle to overcome rare disease will give strength to...
- 18:50 Inquest opened into death of much-loved Middlesbrough lad
- 18:50 Devoted Sian follows in dad's footsteps to make a difference
- 18:50 Almost 100 people gather for vigil after dog was found buried alive...
- 18:50 Two vehicles involved in another crash on the A171 near Guisborough
- 18:48 One-fingered typists are no slower, so there
- 18:48 'I'm in the dark over Paul Hurst's future at Grimsby Town' -...
- 18:46 'We can't sleep at night but we still believe he's alive': Dad of...
- 18:45 Aston Villa: This man Jonathan Kodjia is the new Holte End darling!
- 18:43 Death toll in Cameroon train crash rises to 70
- 18:43 Blackburn over London for Mehreen
- 18:41 Cobblers performance ‘good enough to beat anyone’, says boss Page
- 18:41 Nottingham City Transport bus named in honour of Herbert Kilpin,...
- 18:40 Arsene Wenger admits he doesn’t know when Santi Cazorla will make...
- 18:40 Leicester City star Shinji Okazaki just quietly equalled a Premier...
- 18:37 Hole lot of fun as Prairie Sports Village unveil mini golf launch
- 18:37 Lifetime achievement honour beckons for Burnley’s “Renaissance Man”
- 18:34 Scottish Cup: Ten-man East Kilbride stun Cowdenbeath
- 18:31 Salford City stunned by deadly Dyer as Tamworth take points
- 18:30 Chester King's School visited by former student turned Olympic star...
- 18:30 Halloween retail therapy
- 18:28 Scunthorpe United players showed a belief how good they are says...
- 18:28 'Loveable rogue' who survived fleecing The Krays dies in Birmingham
- 18:27 PNE keeper takes it to the Max!
- 18:27 Minor blaze at seafront hotel