Preacher 'did not warn of bomb'
A STREET preacher accused of telling commuters there was a bomb on a city centre tram has been found not guilty of causing passenger distress.
Patrick Raphael (52), appeared before Manchester magistrates' court charged with causing Metrolink users and other passers-by harassment, alarm or distress.
He denied this and after a short trial, magistrates found him not guilty.
It was stated that Mr Raphael, of Whitstable Close, Chadderton, regularly held sermons in the city centre, was accused of saying "there is a bomb on the tram gong to Bury".
But giving evidence he said this was not... read more
- 09:52 Evil rapist forced schoolgirl into bushes by threatening her with...
- 09:50 Man Utd stars and former captain Wayne Rooney arrive at hotel ahead...
- 09:49 'Doctors call it bull**** disease - but I can't get out of bed'
- 09:49 Two men stabbed in Harrogate - police linking attacks
- 09:48 Two lanes closed on M1
- 09:48 Lorry crash closes lanes on M1
- 09:46 England goalkeeper Joe Hart robbed of phone and wallet by moped gang
- 09:46 Yates pub chain agency ‘used good-looking only policy when hiring...
- 09:45 Birmingham Airport charges third highest parking fee for collecting...
- 09:45 This is exactly how Storm Brian will affect Birmingham after yellow...
- 09:44 Former soldier Colin fights a new battle for the charity that saved...
- 09:44 Two men stabbed in Harrogate - police linking attacks
- 09:40 Down Memory Lane - 1990 in pictures
- 09:40 Pet lovers celebrate as Melton is named the UK’s most dog-friendly...
- 09:39 'Anyone would think Wolves had won the Premier League' - Steve...
- 09:38 Case brought by Lloyds shareholders is ‘fundamentally flawed’
- 09:38 Stranger Things star Finn Wolfhard fires agent after former client...
- 09:38 Sowerby Bridge's Dama Cheese shines light on UK start-ups
- 09:38 Aldi to release chocolate wine for Christmas
- 09:38 Joel Campbell keen to leave Arsenal by making Real Betis...
- 09:37 Aldi to release chocolate wine for Christmas
- 09:37 BREAKING NEWS: Derbyshire road closed by 'police incident'
- 09:35 Arsenal news: Mesut Ozil hates Manchester United links - he wants...
- 09:35 Warwickshire Police Detective Sergeant receives Queen’s Police Medal
- 09:33 Call to check oil tanks ahead of winter
- 09:33 Prestigious regional award for sewer project in town
- 09:33 Kirkby pensioner 'killed by blunt force trauma to the head'
- 09:32 Thugs, thieves, drunks and drugs - who's been convicted in Derby's...
- 09:32 BREAKING NEWS: Derbyshire road closed by 'police incident'
- 09:32 Charity festive card shop to be officially opened today