'Pray for Roslyn': Hapless IT worker is 'out of the office' after she crashes NHS servers by sending test email to ENTIRE 1.2million workforce - who then make it worse by hitting 'reply to all'
A hapless IT worker who crashed the NHS email server after she sent a 'test' message to 1.2million people has gone to ground today.
Roslyn Learmond, from Croydon, south London, had an extraordinarily bad day at work yesterday when a message meant for local GP practices went to everyone in the health service.
Her email, sent at 9.01am yesterday, was blank apart from 'test' in the subject line - and the problems it caused was then compounded when confused workers hit ‘reply all’ asking to be taken off the mailing list.
One worker estimated that more than 180million ‘needless’ messages were... read more
- 18:50 Arrest over Chorley dog’s head incident
- 18:49 Car fire shuts one lane of A590
- 18:49 Trump grants posthumous pardon to heavyweight champion Jack Johnson
- 18:47 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Friday, May 25, in the...
- 18:45 Alastair Cook defiance in vain as England suffer worrying collapse...
- 18:45 French Open draw: Who Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Serena...
- 18:40 Mum gives birth to healthy baby despite being pregnant...
- 18:39 Man Utd transfer news: Pogba swap ‘proposed’ to Barcelona, Fred...
- 18:38 Cabinet shake up for SLDC as new members take up roles
- 18:38 Avon’s £16 Eva Mendes perfume is voted Britain’s best, beating YSL,...
- 18:37 Sheffield tennis court use rockets
- 18:36 Emergency brake was disabled on self-driving Uber that killed woman
- 18:35 Morgan Freeman accused of sexual harassment by multiple women
- 18:35 'I'm not sorry I said it': Erykah Badu on music, motherhood and...
- 18:34 Couple murdered French nanny over ‘bizarre Boyzone obssession’
- 18:34 Morgan Freeman facing ‘multiple’ sex harassment allegations
- 18:31 Pet shops could soon be banned from selling puppies
- 18:31 Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery told he must have these TWO...
- 18:31 Man Utd transfer news: Chelsea joined in Robert Lewandowski race as...
- 18:30 Readers try to find novelist’s ‘crime scenes’ in Peak District
- 18:28 Keeping the NHS going could cost you £2,000 in extra taxes
- 18:28 Work on derelict Carlisle hotel halted due to fresh fears
- 18:28 Police officers ‘ate cannabis on duty then called for back-up when...
- 18:27 Arrest over Chorley dog’s head incident
- 18:25 Lloyds investors rebel against bank's executive pay report
- 18:23 Irish pro-choice campaigners recount #HomeToVote journeys online
- 18:21 'An absolutely disgusting article': is satire funnier when the...
- 18:21 Sudanese teenager who killed rapist husband appeals death sentence
- 18:18 Arsonists caught fleeing after throwing petrol bomb at house where...
- 18:16 Special ball raises £300k to support Doddie Weir MND cause