'Pray for Roslyn': Hapless IT worker is 'out of the office' after she crashes NHS servers by sending test email to ENTIRE 1.2million workforce - who then make it worse by hitting 'reply to all'
A hapless IT worker who crashed the NHS email server after she sent a 'test' message to 1.2million people has gone to ground today.
Roslyn Learmond, from Croydon, south London, had an extraordinarily bad day at work yesterday when a message meant for local GP practices went to everyone in the health service.
Her email, sent at 9.01am yesterday, was blank apart from 'test' in the subject line - and the problems it caused was then compounded when confused workers hit ‘reply all’ asking to be taken off the mailing list.
One worker estimated that more than 180million ‘needless’ messages were... read more
- 07:21 Female Islamic clerics in Indonesia issue rare child marriage fatwa
- 07:21 Breaking news, travel and weather updates around Notts on Friday,...
- 07:20 Teacher ‘shot by two pupils in school corridor’
- 07:20 Hull LIVE! Rail strike hits commuters
- 07:19 Prostate cancer update: Drinking THIS can HALVE your risk
- 07:19 Manchester United suffer Timothy Fosu-Mensah injury blow
- 07:19 Marouane Fellaini: Man United star must do this after red card -...
- 07:18 Emmerdale spoilers: Goodbye Pierce? Boss reveals what happens next...
- 07:18 Emmerdale boss speaks out on Robron drama as special episode is...
- 07:18 Star drops huge Liverpool transfer hint: Reds fans will love this
- 07:17 BREAKING: Pedestrian dies after Mansfield moped crash
- 07:16 VIDEO: Brave Chorley newsagent fights off knifeman with old police...
- 07:16 Two men charged with criminal damage after incident at BAE
- 07:16 Paul Carrack steps out of the shadows of Mike & The Mechanics to...
- 07:16 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 07:16 Knights of Malta draw battle lines after clash with pope
- 07:14 Scotland under-17s have ability to be European champions, says...
- 07:14 Cricket: East Kilbride ready to unleash new signings in opener
- 07:14 Airdrieonians captain Iain Russell wants to call the season a...
- 07:13 Steelbacks' showing was 'pretty grim', says Ripley
- 07:12 RBS reports first quarter profit as turnaround continues
- 07:12 Fish disease outbreak closes fishing lakes
- 07:12 John Maguire: Why all the faux outrage over election?
- 07:12 White powder package threat to Scots politicians
- 07:12 Jeff Stelling says only one man to blame for Dave Jones' sacking...
- 07:11 Ewan Gurr: Food banks can fill a gap but more cash is needed
- 07:11 Jailed marine freed after Taliban killing
- 07:11 Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez to hold talks with owner Mike Ashley in...
- 07:11 Barcelona and Real Madrid set for summer transfer battle over South...
- 07:11 Man United boss Jose Mourinho aims massive swipe at Sergio Aguero