Pound slump exacerbates Brexit impact for German exporters - DIHK
Britons' vote to leave the European Union is already affecting German exports to Britain and a drop in sterling, which hit a 31-year low on Friday, is making things worse, Germany's DIHK Chambers of Industry and Commerce has said.
"Brexit is already weighing on the German economy," DIHK managing director Martin Wansleben told German daily Welt after the chambers of commerce surveyed 5,600 German firms.
"Faced with the decline of the British pound, German products in the (United) Kingdom will be much more expensive, and our export growth to the UK will also fall below zero... read more
- 10:15 Fondly-remembered vicar helped build estate church
- 10:15 Harsh new penalties for using your phone while driving come in...
- 10:14 Insurance broker JLT sees positive outlook for U.S. business
- 10:14 The globetrotter confined - the hardening of Geert Wilders
- 10:14 All eyes on Cumbria as World Health summit comes to Carlisle
- 10:13 Broadchurch shows how rape is not just a gratuitous plot device
- 10:13 How was your weekend running?
- 10:13 Everything you need to know about vitamin B12 deficiency
- 10:13 Do painkillers offer any help for back pain?
- 10:13 Arsenal are the most consistent team on the planet, claims...
- 10:13 Shamed ex-Sunderland star Adam Johnson launches new appeal over...
- 10:13 12 arrests in dawn raids as part of bid to stop drugs from...
- 10:13 Racist abuse hurled at pensioner on Wearside street
- 10:12 Anger rises as Fylde coast fracking protests ramp up
- 10:12 Spencer’s first goal earns Biggleswade double
- 10:12 British defence stocks SOAR as Donald Trump plans $54billion...
- 10:12 Real Madrid star decides to come to London: He wants to join...
- 10:12 ‘I want my story to be of help to others’
- 10:12 Tributes paid following death of county councillor
- 10:12 Residents urged to join in with Great British Spring Clean
- 10:12 PEAK RESORT: Building work starts on £400million attraction
- 10:12 Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta urges Luis Enrique to stay at...
- 10:10 Warwick man who was saved by donor set to compete in World...
- 10:09 France - Reasons to be bullish despite election stress
- 10:09 'Harder, faster, louder': how drone-pilot drama Grounded shook the...
- 10:09 VIDEO: "I don't regret it:" Local professional boxer who served 21...
- 10:09 Hartlepool boy remains in a critical condition today
- 10:09 Traffic lights causing chaos in Bramley Vale
- 10:09 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:09 New club is launched to help those with dementia