Pound sinks even lower over ‘hard Brexit’ fears
Fears of a ‘hard Brexit’ are causing sterling to fall even further after plummeting to a 31-year low yesterday.
The pound was down 0.18% against the dollar at 1.270, having slumped over 1.5% since Sunday, while the FTSE 100 also fell.
It also hit a five-year low against the euro, with £1 now only worth €1.131.
Experts warn that despite data showing some slight resilience in the British economy, Brexit fears might be ‘bone deep’.
Lukman Otunga, a research analyst from FXTM, said: ‘Although sentiment towards the UK economy continues to be uplifted as domestic data repeatedly beats, the... read more
- 11:24 Are you a worrier? It could make you HAPPIER: Expecting the worst...
- 11:24 All you need to know about the latest craze to sweep schools - and...
- 11:24 Hospice to hospice
- 11:23 Britain has just unveiled a new nuclear submarine and it’s massive
- 11:23 Skoda Karoq 2017 FIRST LOOK - Everything you need to know about the...
- 11:23 Eurozone inflation picks up to 1.9%
- 11:22 QUICK QUIZ: Seven questions about the last seven days...
- 11:22 All you need to know about the latest craze to sweep schools - and...
- 11:22 COLUMNIST: Why not consider a career in healthcare?
- 11:22 All’s set for tractor Cockerham Tractor Run
- 11:22 Green school 'one of best in country'
- 11:22 Alexis Sanchez mocked by Leicester City’s Robert Huth over swollen...
- 11:22 Labour MPs speak out against Trump state visit
- 11:21 Never run alone
- 11:21 Spate of vehicle crime in south east Sheffield
- 11:21 Man who died in Leeds house fire named
- 11:20 Muslim woman hauled out of Ukip election launch after calling...
- 11:20 Albion Rovers boss Darren Young prepares to leave Cliftonhill: 'All...
- 11:20 Charity football tournament and fund raising day will be in honour...
- 11:19 Council bosses declare war on irresponsible dog owners
- 11:19 Saracens confirm signing of Wales lock Dominic Day on two-year...
- 11:19 Speeding clampdown sees 80 drivers a day caught out
- 11:19 'No room for future expansion in Uppermill'
- 11:19 Manchester United's Timothy Fosu-Mensah joins club's injury list...
- 11:19 Premier League team news, odds and stats from every match this weekend
- 11:18 Determined Isaac, from Tallington, set to take on Rat Race at...
- 11:18 Extension of OPEC-led cuts could end oil glut by end-2017 - Poll
- 11:18 Cost of contesting the planning applications
- 11:18 Ferne McCann breaks social media silence after revealing she's...
- 11:18 COLUMNIST: Why not consider a career in healthcare?