Pound's 'flash crash' blamed as fuel prices leap 1.2% in seven days to 113.7p
Motorists have been hit by the biggest weekly rise in fuel prices for more than five years.
The average price of petrol jumped by 1.22% in just seven days, according to figures from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
Data analysis by the Press Association revealed that t his was the biggest weekly percentage increase since January 2011.
The current price - 113.72p per litre - is the highest since August last year.
The price of diesel also registered its largest percentage weekly increase since January 2011: a jump of 1.39% to 116p per litre .
RAC fuel spokesman... read more
- 16:19 Businesses can and will adapt to the age of populism
- 16:19 New 'Facebook for kids' launched in the form of an app
- 16:19 Gran has £100 East Point Retail Park parking fine dropped with help...
- 16:19 This area of Birmingham has been named the third hippest place in...
- 16:19 Struggling to find courgettes to buy in the shops? Here's why
- 16:19 EastEnders viewers spot ANOTHER gaffe - and they aren't impressed
- 16:19 Comedian Joe Lycett asking fans to go on a date with him for a TV show
- 16:19 15-year jail sentence for St Ann's man who raped child
- 16:19 Scarlett Moffatt hits back at weight loss critics who say she's...
- 16:19 Aston Villa transfer news: Steve Bruce hoping to land cut-price...
- 16:19 Wanted man ignored letter ordering him back to jail after being...
- 16:19 They love London and they've discovered the North, but politicians...
- 16:19 West Brom: Albion forced to recall striker after Football League...
- 16:17 Naked cleaners wanted by firm to clean houses in Northampton for up...
- 16:17 Dog dumped in Northamptonshire was so hungry it was eating its own...
- 16:16 Babies remember their birth language - scientists
- 16:17 Body found in suitcase: Leicester neighbours describe horror at...
- 16:16 'Exceptional' NHS Wales winter pressure days
- 16:16 'Family man' jailed after sex offences from 40 years ago come to light
- 16:16 Huyton ferry chef who was link between city gangs and Netherlands...
- 16:16 UFC star Nate Diaz to obtain boxing licence just months after Conor...
- 16:16 Market Rasen Racecourse PICTURES from County Race Day
- 16:16 Credit Suisse contacted analysts ahead of fourth quarter - sources
- 16:16 Renault-Nissan electric car sales hit 400,000, CEO says in Davos
- 16:15 Woman Who Awards 2017 to celebrate leading ladies in business
- 16:15 14,000 new homes planned for Nuneaton and MORE traveller sites
- 16:15 Naked female cleaners wanted for £45 an hour jobs
- 16:15 Man City make Spurs star their top summer target but face...
- 16:15 Four bikes stolen from Leamington
- 16:13 Watch: Wish you were here? Take a look at the history of holidays