Pound falls further against the euro and the dollar
The pound has extended its losses against both the dollar and the euro in late trading on Tuesday.
Against the dollar it has fallen more than 2%, at one point dropping below $1.21, while against the euro it fell below €1.10.
Sterling has now fallen about 19% against the dollar since the UK's vote to leave the European Union, to lows not seen since 1985.
One analyst said sterling was "trading like an emerging market currency".
At one point the pound hit $1.2088 against the dollar on Tuesday evening and against the euro it touched €1.0939.
The pound is at its lowest level since... read more
- 17:51 Watch Lincoln Cathedral as you have never seen it before
- 17:51 Roses planted across North to highlight threat of UK slavery
- 17:51 At home with...architect Mark Lee
- 17:50 Inspired by science and art project
- 17:48 Police appeal for white van driver who witnessed road accident
- 17:48 Sun-seekers head to the coast as North East basks in spring sunshine
- 17:48 Diego Costa transfer odds: Chelsea star names French clubs amid...
- 17:47 Military helicopter crashes in Ukraine, crew died
- 17:46 Evil burglar ripped wedding ring from frail finger of 97-year old,...
- 17:46 Dogfest is returning to Arley Hall in Northwich
- 17:46 Police confiscate Mother's Day flowers which family was picking on...
- 17:45 Detectives hunting for sex attacker who assaulted woman, 36, after...
- 17:44 Police probe mystery after woman found badly injured by roadside
- 17:44 Jermain Defoe shares excitement at being reunited with brave...
- 17:44 Brave Bradley Lowery is pride of England as Wembley mascot
- 17:40 EXCLUSIVE: Conor McGregor can shock the world and KO Floyd...
- 17:40 Antoine Griezmann speaks out about Man Utd transfer after personal...
- 17:39 Jeremy Hunt 'sorry' NHS 111 call did not spot boy's sepsis
- 17:39 Wrexham AFC fail to sparkle as two points are squandered against...
- 17:38 X Factor stars spotted in Lincoln
- 17:38 Enjoy the ride! Guy Martin seen sand racing on Mablethorpe beach
- 17:38 English cops hunt 'armed and dangerous' tattooed Scottish killer...
- 17:37 Man United News: Mourinho called Ronaldo, Messi blocks £130m move,...
- 17:37 South Cumbria lends a hand as Comic Relief raises millions
- 17:37 Is low protein the reason 50-somethings are so tired?
- 17:37 Community unearths hidden treasures at Walney archaeological dig
- 17:37 Detectives hunting for sex attacker who assaulted woman, 36, after...
- 17:36 REVEALED: Russia's new 4,600mph missile that could WIPE OUT world's...
- 17:35 Derby mum says her new baby is the 'best Mother's Day present ever'
- 17:35 Brazil's Andrade Gutierrez tries to sell Cemig, other stakes - report