Pothole claims cost Nottinghamshire County Council £36,000
Nottinghamshire County Council has paid out more than £36,000 for damage to vehicles caused by potholes in the last three years.
A total of 599 claims were made against the authority between 2013 and 2016, with the total for successful claims standing at £36,673.
The figures have been released after a request by the RAC Foundation.
In 2015/16, a total of 112 claims were made against Nottinghamshire County Council, with 46 of those being successful. This led to the authority paying out a total of £9,366. This was a decrease from the previous year when the authority paid out £13,111 for just... read more
- 08:59 Muhammad Ali’s son detained by immigration staff and repeatedly...
- 08:59 Toothless Michael Wright who roams Pearson Park wanted by police
- 08:58 The night Foo Fighters played Sheffield Arena
- 08:56 Councillors argue over almost 5% increase in tax bills
- 08:56 Grimsby Town will strive to find the right balance in League Two...
- 08:56 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot says his Mariners have the X-Factor...
- 08:56 Selfless YMCA volunteer took fatal overdose
- 08:54 Troubled Black Country bar fails to sell at auction
- 08:54 'I was that big, I could steer the bus with my belly': Driver John...
- 08:54 Chipperfield's Circus to keep lions at farm after vets give all-clear
- 08:54 Dozens of jobs for Walsall as Iceland plans new 'food warehouse'
- 08:53 £12,000 worth of outdoor clothing stolen from Lincolnshire business
- 08:53 Cabbie is sick of fines issued in error at McDonalds car park in...
- 08:53 Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool will sack me like Claudio Ranieri if I...
- 08:52 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Saturday February 25
- 08:50 The Conservation Volunteers are helping bring more woodland to West...
- 08:50 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Saturday February 25
- 08:49 Swansea boss Paul Clement sends warning to Chelsea ahead of Premier...
- 08:48 Newcastle is UK’s most sleep deprived city
- 08:48 The ruinous effects of sly late payments
- 08:48 GPs sought to work in ambulance call centre
- 08:48 Funding stream supporting young people ends
- 08:48 Concerns over doorstep lenders
- 08:48 Work to rejuvenate estate nears completion
- 08:48 Drop-in event to highlight apprenticeship changes
- 08:48 Ashington win nine-goal thriller against Guisborough with last...
- 08:48 Jobs fair to be held at business park
- 08:48 North Shields man charged with knife-point robberies
- 08:47 Cumbria in store for a wet and wild Saturday as Storm Doris returns
- 08:47 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos