Pothole claims cost Derbyshire County Council £220,000
Derbyshire County Council has paid out more than £220,000 for damage to vehicles caused by potholes in the last three years.
A total of 1,833 claims were made against the authority between 2013 and 2016, with the total for successful claims standing at £222,796.
The figures have been released after a request by the RAC Foundation.
In 2015/16, a total of 624 claims were made against Derbyshire County Council, with 320 of those being successful. This led to the authority paying out a total of £75,517, slightly down on the 2014/15 total of £80, 447.
Nationally, UK drivers lodged more than... read more
- 13:59 King’s Cliffe author Nick has short story included in Twisted...
- 13:59 When is the American election? Trump and Clinton will go...
- 13:58 Debenhams sees annual profits tumble by a tenth
- 13:57 FTSE retreats, though robust results boost Barclays
- 13:57 A safe space from cyber pervs: Game creators invent a protective...
- 13:56 BREAKING: Five schools on LOCKDOWN after ‘malicious threat’ calls
- 13:55 PNE’s six of the worst
- 13:54 Caprice displays her killer curves and impressive cleavage in...
- 13:54 January Jones flashes sideboob in peachy jumpsuit as she leads...
- 13:54 'You trying to get robbed too?' Khloe Kardashian is SLAMMED by fans...
- 13:54 'I'm sure it is legitimate!': Benedict Cumberbatch quips Judge...
- 13:54 Real Housewives of Cheshire beauty Misse Beqiri stuns in silk slip...
- 13:54 'I'm sorry if I have upset anyone': TOWIE's Amber Dowding...
- 13:54 Coronation Street's Kym Marsh cradles her fake baby bump while...
- 13:53 Which Lincolnshire train company is worst for complaints?
- 13:52 Scottish NHS failing to keep up with rising demand, says watchdog
- 13:52 Pope Francis accepts church leaders' invitation to visit South Sudan
- 13:52 Nissan investment shows Brexit can work - but what did we offer in...
- 13:51 Gnashing of teeth
- 13:51 What do the latest GDP data say about the post-Brexit economy?
- 13:51 Liverpool star Loris Karius takes swipe at Man Utd and City over...
- 13:51 Night-time alerts 'target impulse buys'
- 13:51 Feed your foodie in holiday heaven
- 13:51 Invasion of alien ladybirds riddled with STDs that could kill off...
- 13:51 Hamburg gang rape teenagers' suspended sentences spark anger
- 13:49 Scottish pensioner, 92, who’s taking on Donald Trump
- 13:47 English petition to kick Scotland out of UK hijacked by Scots
- 13:47 Two in court on alleged burglary and wounding rap
- 13:46 Bid to stop thieves targeting paving flags
- 13:46 Stags players present pupils with awards