Pothole claims cost Derbyshire County Council £220,000
Derbyshire County Council has paid out more than £220,000 for damage to vehicles caused by potholes in the last three years.
A total of 1,833 claims were made against the authority between 2013 and 2016, with the total for successful claims standing at £222,796.
The figures have been released after a request by the RAC Foundation.
In 2015/16, a total of 624 claims were made against Derbyshire County Council, with 320 of those being successful. This led to the authority paying out a total of £75,517, slightly down on the 2014/15 total of £80, 447.
Nationally, UK drivers lodged more than... read more
- 18:16 Picture quiz: Scottish football grounds
- 18:15 U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- 18:14 Saido Berahino's West Bromwich Albion timeline nears completion
- 18:14 Businessman Zahid Khan quizzed in car number plate fraud investigation
- 18:14 Buyout approach lodged for Uttoxeter company Fox's Biscuits
- 18:14 Care home hits out at councils who provide 15-minute home care...
- 18:13 Chinese club plot move for Leeds star after missing out on Chelsea...
- 18:13 Confirmed: Steven Gerrard seals return to Liverpool - this is what...
- 18:13 Beverley man Mark Weaver guilty of 'wilful obstruction' in Black...
- 18:13 BREAKING: Ultrafast broadband boost for 4,500 Louth homes and business
- 18:13 Family of missing Molly Davidson search London for signs of her
- 18:11 Hillary's HUMILIATION: Clinton stony-faced as Trump rises and...
- 18:11 Xbox One Scorpio NEWS: Project Scorpio price could be a PROBLEM
- 18:10 Huge Liverpool news: Steven Gerrard confirms return to Anfield
- 18:10 'Baby shake' death trial: Jury retires to consider verdic
- 18:10 Lanes closed after three-vehicle collision on M42 near Tamworth and...
- 18:09 COURT REGISTER
- 18:08 More 'spotters' at Huddersfield Town games to reduce policing bill
- 18:08 'Road rage' victim suffers broken nose and eye socket
- 18:07 Finance ministers seek Treasury clarity on economic plans
- 18:06 Chelsea News: Conte's secret weapon, conspiracy theory, transfer...
- 18:04 'Please save our jobs' say Dee Valley Water workers as crunch court...
- 18:04 Steven Gerrard returns to Liverpool as Academy coach as club...
- 18:03 Saido Berahino transfer latest: Stoke agree terms with West Brom...
- 18:03 11 lost buildings of Coventry that are gone but not forgotten
- 18:00 Per Mertesacker shows love for Arsenal with response to signing...
- 17:58 Lucky escape for driver after head-on crash in Goole
- 17:58 Quad bike vandals leave trail of destruction on Leeds golf course
- 17:58 A38 at Branston to remain closed for THREE more hours
- 17:57 Girl, 4, killed after months of cruelty by mother and her...