Posh shoppers return to Tesco, increasing sales and average spend by over 2% as turnaround continues
Tesco's sale have grown at their fastest rate in three years as more affluent shoppers return to its stores, snapping up its 'Farm Brands' and 'Finest' ranges.
According to the latest till roll analysis from Kantar Worldpanel, sales at Tesco increased by 2.2 per cent over the quarter to November 6, while customer's average spend was up by 2.1 per cent to £20.69.
The sales figures mean Tesco, which has been gradually returning to health since Dave Lewis took as chief executive in September 2014, has boosted its share of Britain's grocery market to 28.2 per cent, up from 27.9 per cent this... read more
- 12:54 New principal soon to start at Theddlethorpe Academy
- 12:53 Brilliant moment enthusiastic Hull workmen show they've got 'rhythm'
- 12:53 Woman drowns at south Lincolnshire nature reserve after entering...
- 12:53 Mental health unit patient set fire to bed
- 12:53 Protester hangs knickers outside office of MP who blocked...
- 12:53 Concerns over stroke services mount ahead of move to Carlisle
- 12:53 Banger bid to conquer huge rally
- 12:51 World Cup group H: Poland vs. Senegal team news, kick-off time and...
- 12:51 Merseyside school sends pupils and teachers home in midst of toilet...
- 12:50 What is magnet fishing and why is it dangerous?
- 12:50 Yorkshire Bank could vanish from High Street as group agrees £1.7bn...
- 12:49 The 35 medicines no longer available on NHS prescription from this...
- 12:49 VIDEO: Banbury getting behind England with decorated houses
- 12:49 Booths free hot drink scheme to be cut
- 12:49 Britain’s Got Talent winner Lost Voice Guy announces North East...
- 12:48 A sexpert teaches us how to be really good at dirty talking
- 12:48 PICTURES: Chapel-en-le-Frith carnival proves hit with crowds
- 12:47 Gary Gold's blazing Eagles beat Scotland – US rugby has momentum
- 12:47 Two deny murdering Ozell Pemberton in Sutton Coldfield town centre
- 12:47 Mars is coming closer to Earth than it’s been in 15 years and you...
- 12:47 British Superbikes: Peter Hickman maintains top form at Snetterton
- 12:47 Man Utd star Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola hits out: There is a...
- 12:47 Locks to look forward to as Hairspray bounces back to city
- 12:47 The 35 medicines no longer available on NHS prescription from this...
- 12:45 What is magnet fishing and why is it dangerous?
- 12:45 The 35 medicines no longer available on NHS prescription from this...
- 12:45 Yorkshire Bank could vanish from High Street as group agrees £1.7bn...
- 12:44 Upskirting row: MP's office targeted in 'pants protest'
- 12:44 Plans to change hospital stroke units are challenged
- 12:44 Locks to look forward to as Hairspray bounces back to city