Poppi Worthington death: CPS review confirms no charges
The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has upheld a decision not to bring charges over the death of Poppi Worthington.
The 13-month-old was found with serious injuries at her home in Barrow, Cumbria, in December 2012.
A family judge later ruled she had been sexually assaulted by her father, Paul Worthington. He denies any wrongdoing.
In September the CPS said it would carrying out a fresh review of the case, and it has now announced that the decision not to charge was correct.
A second inquest will be held on a date yet to be confirmed after the first, in October 2014, lasted just seven... read more
- 21:29 Britain’s Got Talent winner George Sampson is going bald at 23 and...
- 21:28 £4,500 marathon effort by Harrogate's Twitter-friendly policeman
- 21:28 Two Queen’s Awards for district firms
- 21:28 Apax, shareholders prepare IPO of Brazil's Tivit
- 21:27 Earnings boost equities with U.S. tax announcement eyed
- 21:26 Templeman the tormentor as Wee Gers’ struggles continue
- 21:26 Duns star Euan leading the way
- 21:25 Little Sutton woman fighting rare stomach illness issues heartfelt...
- 21:25 Chelsea fans thank ‘agent’ Ryan Bertrand for Diego Costa’s goal...
- 21:23 Derby chapel's transformation into luxury flats starts next month
- 21:23 Derby's Rolls-Royce lands Indonesian engine deal worth over £200m
- 21:23 Derby charity Doorways appeals for sleeping bags and blankets ahead...
- 21:23 Update on £6m project as new corner takes shape at Stoke’s bet365...
- 21:22 Titanic producer nearly cut ‘corny’ Celine Dion My Heart Will Go On...
- 21:22 Big rise in demand for foodbanks in Yorkshire
- 21:21 'He couldn't walk' Steve Bruce on Gabby Agbonlahor's Aston Villa...
- 21:21 Grandfather smashed over head with AXE as he fought off house raiders
- 21:21 VIDEO & PHOTOS: Red Arrows fly over Yorkshire
- 21:20 Madeleine McCann ten years on: Detectives pursuing 'critical' leads...
- 21:20 Three people arrested after car fails to stop in Newcastle
- 21:19 Former Trump adviser Flynn likely broke law with Russia trip -...
- 21:14 Marine Le Pen's immunity to be lifted in bid to investigate...
- 21:13 Groans as Ivanka Trump defends father’s track record on women
- 21:13 Chelsea star N’Golo Kante ‘channels inner Messi’ with EPIC run –...
- 21:13 NASDAQ COMPOSITE CLOSES ABOVE 6,000 FOR FIRST TIME
- 21:12 Manchester United ready to spend £170m on Andrea Belotti and...
- 21:11 Drink-driver downed quarter of a bottle of whiskey at ball
- 21:11 Looking sharp! Hedgehogs nursed backed to health by Derby students
- 21:11 £4,500 marathon effort by Harrogate's Twitter-friendly policeman
- 21:08 Labrador Joey named EasyJet's 'most frequent flying' dog