Poppi Worthington death: CPS review confirms no charges
The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has upheld a decision not to bring charges over the death of Poppi Worthington.
The 13-month-old was found with serious injuries at her home in Barrow, Cumbria, in December 2012.
A family judge later ruled she had been sexually assaulted by her father, Paul Worthington. He denies any wrongdoing.
In September the CPS said it would carrying out a fresh review of the case, and it has now announced that the decision not to charge was correct.
A second inquest will be held on a date yet to be confirmed after the first, in October 2014, lasted just seven... read more
- 11:35 How Linkin Park made rap metal memorable
- 11:35 Paper round-up: Barcelona want Coutinho, Wilshere to West Ham,...
- 11:34 Alliances made as Ulverston prepares for worst case scenario
- 11:34 National crime expert brings experience to Cumbria police service
- 11:35 Antonio Conte: Chelsea have signed a fantastic striker in...
- 11:34 Barrow fire boss praises his men after four-car inferno
- 11:34 Barrow school thankful for new inclusive sensory room
- 11:34 Barrow man jailed for carrying drugs and lock knife
- 11:34 Debate: Recorded crime figures on the rise
- 11:34 Twinkling Stars is officially world class
- 11:34 Cancer fighting cop's year of fundraising
- 11:32 Blac Chyna seems over Rob Kardashian scandal as she joins Nicki...
- 11:32 Family pays tribute to 'beautiful angel' mum-of-four killed in car...
- 11:32 What are the dangers, effects, and laws when it comes to Molly...
- 11:32 Coventry City matches set to be broadcast online
- 11:31 It's the fight club!
- 11:31 A successful run of sports development
- 11:31 These are the most common travel scams - and here's how to avoid them
- 11:31 Coroner rules concerns over care of elderly woman did not cause death
- 11:31 Police officer crisis as the numbers plummet
- 11:31 Motorist to stand trial
- 11:31 Have you heard about the bird?
- 11:31 It's on the buses for prom night
- 11:30 Dismay as Longtown play park plan is turned down
- 11:30 The Open 2017: Jon Rahm gets two-shot penalty withdrawn after...
- 11:29 CCTV captures 'appalling' cyclist hit-and-run
- 11:28 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho well-placed to land Bayern...
- 11:27 Hundreds of Birmingham Airport passengers left without suitcases...
- 11:27 Asda owner Walmart is biggest company in world by revenues
- 11:27 Booming demand for ice cream helps Unilever overcome another fall...