Pool tournament in memory of Stevie raises funds for Rosemere
A knock-out pool tournament in tribute to a former enthusiast who died of cancer, was right on cue.
Stevie Dawes, of Whittle-le-Woods, who was well-known for his love of pool, horse racing and a pint of Guinness at the Roebuck Inn, died in February aged just 55 years old.
To celebrate his life, friends Steph and Andy Hardman, along with Stevie’s brother Andy and sister-in-law Shelley Dawes organised a knock-out pool tournament at the Roebuck pub.
With 64 entrants and live streaming of its draws on Facebook, it not only brought the community together, it also raised more than £2,000 for... read more
- 10:08 Paris: A Tale of Two Cities
- 10:08 Jessica Jones writers didn't set out to explore rape, showrunner says
- 10:08 Big Interview: Swimming star Stephanie Slater opens up on decision...
- 10:08 Why UnReal’s toxic femininity exposes the dark heart of TV dating...
- 10:04 Police appeal after fuel theft
- 10:02 Crews tackle bedroom fire in Ulverston
- 10:02 Mablethorpe pupils glimpse the new Time and Tide Bell
- 10:01 Why is it called the Calcutta Cup when England play Scotland in...
- 09:56 Heston Blumenthal becomes a father again at 51 after secret baby...
- 09:55 ICRC reveals 21 staff paid for sexual services
- 09:55 Six Nations 2018 fixtures, TV schedule: What time is England v...
- 09:55 PSL 2018 Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi LIVE stream: How to...
- 09:55 Chelsea news: Why Antonio Conte overlooked Alvaro Morata and...
- 09:53 The Real Thing singer Eddy Amoo dies in Australia
- 09:53 Main Layton road shut suddenly - motorists have been diverted
- 09:53 Ralph Ineson: ‘You probably get one commercial for 20 utter...
- 09:53 Why gas engineers are working in a Burton town centre street
- 09:53 Models walked the Tod’s runway with puppies at Milan Fashion Week
- 09:53 Professional Leicestershire house dresser gives her top tips on...
- 09:52 Syrian jets launch new blitz while UN vote on truce is postponed
- 09:51 The secret to… not being a sweary parent
- 09:51 Nappies, takeaways and bubble wrap: could I remove plastic from my...
- 09:50 Barrow bell tower benefits from £3000 grant for restoration work
- 09:49 Determined Claverdon get back on track
- 09:49 End of an era at Bert McCormick's Ballyclare music shop
- 09:47 UK’s Brexit plans are based on pure illusion, warns Donald Tusk
- 09:47 Dua Lipa reveals her music is inspired by ‘terrible’ ex boyfriends
- 09:47 Wanted man caught in Preston after 'rooftop stand-off'
- 09:46 ‘Even if I can’t feed myself, I at least get up and feed them’: How...
- 09:46 Shoppers in Leamington and Warwick encouraged to support ‘Fairtrade...