Police warn pranksters dressing up as a clown to scare people is no joke
Police have warned Liverpool pranksters that dressing up as clowns to scare people could be a criminal offence.
People across the world are being terrorised by cruel pranksters dressed as clowns as part of a bizarre stunt which appears to have started in the USA.
Merseyside Police said there had been no confirmed incidents reported to the force, but it was aware of the issue.
And despite the strange frenzy sweeping the country, fancy dress shops in Liverpool have reported no significant increase in people buying clown costumes.
Read More 'Lockdown' as creepy clowns threaten to loiter... read more
- 14:33 Birmingham man, 101, on trial for child sex abuse
- 14:32 Pep Guardiola admits Alexis Sanchez could fit into any team in the...
- 14:30 Police seek man in connection with sex assault at Center Parks
- 14:29 Lufthansa pilots to decide on new pay offer next week
- 14:28 The date for the end of the world has been set – and it’s...
- 14:28 Police plan to give safety advice at Northumberland schools
- 14:28 Escort girlfriend 'wanted to fleece' killer millionaire
- 14:27 Man suffers serious facial injuries after pub brawl spills out into...
- 14:26 Severe weather warning for Hull and East Yorkshire as thick fog...
- 14:26 Two sexual assaults in 12 hours in Mapperley area of Nottingham
- 14:24 Munro mountain record broken with 24 tackled in 24 hours
- 14:23 Dordon boxer Ball backed to rise from small halls to win major honours
- 14:22 Bob Dylan writes speech for Nobel ceremony
- 14:22 Short-sightedness: Sunlight 'can help improve very common eye...
- 14:21 UK says to begin preparing new WTO membership terms ahead of Brexit
- 14:20 Dream VIP ride for brave young firework victim Tyler.
- 14:20 Is Serie A defender heading to Stamford Bridge? Chelsea send scouts...
- 14:20 Stan Collymore: This is why Chelsea have more chance than Liverpool...
- 14:19 Prolific thief handed lengthy shops ban in Cumbria crackdown
- 14:19 Effortless vertical bike parking that saves up to 40% space
- 14:19 Cumbrian motorists face 8-mile diversion - after 0.2-miles of...
- 14:18 Vote: Help us decide on the best Christmas song of all time
- 14:18 Germany warns against backlash over Afghan refugee suspected of murder
- 14:18 'Ditch your chip pans', public urged
- 14:17 Stranger dozes off on man while on train so he takes a bunch...
- 14:17 Moose casually gets high on exhaust fumes while man de-ices his car
- 14:16 Fernando Torres fit to face Bayern Munich after hip injury in...
- 14:16 Tiger Woods is BACK: Watch him nail this STUNNING bunker shot to...
- 14:15 Euro zone finance minister reject 2017 fiscal stimulus target -...
- 14:15 Listening, learning and respect makes Ischebeck Titan UK a towering...