Police want people to 'discreetly' text them about incidents on trains - including smoking
1 Have your say Police are suggesting that rail travellers should text an incident alert - if they see a passenger smoking on a train.
British Transport Police (BTP) is urging travellers to report "crime or incidents" on trains or at stations "discreetly" by text.
An advertising campaign - which has the strapline "let's make a difference" - gives examples of the kind of crimes and incidents travellers might report.
One example on advertisements posted on trains is "passenger smoking".
The head of a group which lobbies on behalf of smokers expressed... read more
- 10:36 Staithes fishermen’s life jackets serviced thanks to festival
- 10:36 What is the law on breaking windows to rescue dogs in hot cars?
- 10:36 Royal visit was proud moment for Nelson bakery boss who is...
- 10:36 What is blunt trauma? Cause of death of woman sucked out of...
- 10:36 Half as many birds are being killed by wind turbines as...
- 10:35 Gadgets: 5 of the best cameras
- 10:34 Ironing boards, plug sockets next to the bed and breakfast served...
- 10:34 MTV back again for big Switch-On fun
- 10:34 Lancashire self-confessed Nazi called for genocide
- 10:34 World's biggest plane with 2 cockpits, 6 jet engines and a wingspan...
- 10:34 VIDEO: Officer thanks public for help with attempted murder...
- 10:33 Children see junkie pull down their pants and inject themselves...
- 10:33 Blaze engulfs popular tanning salon as sunbed catches fire after...
- 10:33 Texas emergency operator jailed for 911 call hang ups
- 10:32 VAR replays to be shown on big screens inside stadiums at World Cup
- 10:32 Gardening: 5 of the best outdoor dining tools
- 10:31 Shoplifter begged to go to jail because she didn’t want to be homeless
- 10:31 Woman’s detailed account of ‘Uber driver who tried to kidnap her’
- 10:31 Death of teenager found in street not suspicious
- 10:30 Have your say on the future of Northamptonshire's children's centre...
- 10:30 Henri Leconte backs Roger Federer decision to avoid Rafael Nadal...
- 10:30 Ring collection stolen during Sheffield burglary
- 10:29 Death of teenager found in street not suspicious
- 10:29 Santi Cazorla's Arsenal career not over, says hopeful Arsène Wenger
- 10:28 Santi Cazorla: Arsene Wenger delivers big injury and return update
- 10:29 Welsh regions still playing catch-up with Irish despite Scarlets’...
- 10:28 Man Utd star sends golden boot warning to Mohamed Salah and Harry Kane
- 10:28 Man Utd open ‘talks’ to sign Neymar: Red Devils willing to pay...
- 10:28 A46 southbound near Warwick closed
- 10:28 Asda online shop blocked by fraud team after mum is charged £930...