Police van repeatedly and violently rams into protesters during anti-US rally
WARNING: THIS REPORT CONTAINS IMAGES SOME READERS MAY FIND DISTRESSING
Protesters in the Philippines were repeatedly rammed into by a police van, leaving many bloodied and wounded.
Some 1,000 people turned up to demonstrate at the American embassy in Manila.
But the anti-US rally soon turned violent, after protesters were repeatedly run over by a van driven by a police officer.
At least three student activists had to be rushed to hospital after they were hit, according to protest leader Renato Reyes.
- 18:15 Crash between car and lorry causes traffic chaos in Hedon Road, Hull
- 18:15 Jessica Lawson WILL get her colourful memorial bench thanks to...
- 18:14 Flu outbreak closes Stockport high school for five days
- 18:13 Good turnout to Melton’s 2016 Fatstock Show
- 18:13 Strobe lighting provides a flicker of hope in the fight against...
- 18:08 Nottingham luxury handbag designer targets Selfridges with new brand
- 18:07 Manhunt sparked after convicted arsonist escapes from Sudbury prison
- 18:07 'Flashing light therapy' for Alzheimer's
- 18:06 Telford & Wrekin Council emergency meeting over A&E plans - updates
- 18:06 Tata commits to future in Port Talbot - saving 4,000 jobs
- 18:06 Chelsea legend: This is why Diego Costa is totally outperforming...
- 18:05 Here’s the moment an exhausted baby seal was found wadding a mile...
- 18:05 Tastes of the black stuff at Gosberton Winter Ale Festival
- 18:05 Burglars steal child’s quad bike from Moulton
- 18:04 Know your place, robots! Brain study from Google AI lab could help...
- 18:04 Incredible X-rays show how lithium-ion batteries explode: Gas...
- 18:04 Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund, UEFA Champions League LIVE: Follow...
- 18:04 Brendan Rodgers hoping respectable Champions League campaign...
- 18:04 UEFA Champions League scores: Tottenham v CSKA Moscow, Porto v...
- 18:03 Rape trial hears child 'did not make up evidence'
- 18:02 US STOCKS-Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- 18:02 Musk's SpaceX says rockets to remain grounded until January
- 17:59 Mansfield man faces drug dealing trial at crown court
- 17:58 City secondary school is "inadequate" says Ofsted
- 17:58 Edinburgh creatice agency launches Chrimojis pack
- 17:56 Four arrested on suspicion of intent to supply drugs in Sainsbury's...
- 17:53 Mansfield man faces drug dealing trial at crown court
- 17:53 Homeless man stole to buy food in Mansfield
- 17:53 Trainspotting 2 posters released
- 17:53 Five fantastic castles you can spend Christmas in