Police 'used dead children's ID'
Undercover police officers working for Britain's largest force used the identities of dead children and issued fake passports in their names, it was reported.
The Metropolitan Police authorised the practice for covert officers infiltrating protest groups without consulting or informing the children's parents, The Guardian reported.
Over three decades generations of officers went through national birth and death records in search of suitable matches, the newspaper said. The creation of aliases resulted in officers being issued with official documents such as driving licences and national... read more
- 09:35 Chelsea Transfer News: Agent flies in for talks, striker deal...
- 09:35 BREAKING: Police launch investigation into attempted armed robbery...
- 09:34 Arsene Wenger reacts to Arsenal's Champions League draw
- 09:34 Chelsea Predicted Line-up: Will Willian return to Antonio Conte's...
- 09:34 How to avoid traffic jams at Rhyl Airshow 2016
- 09:34 Kaiser Chiefs tickets for Venue Cymru gig goes on sale - here's how...
- 09:34 Nottingham Tesco Express store is sold
- 09:33 Cyclist taken to hospital after crashing into van door
- 09:33 BREAKING: Police launch investigation into attempted armed robbery...
- 09:32 Family honoured for work at RNLI
- 09:32 All aboard for four days of Tall Ships Regatta fun
- 09:32 WEATHER: Rain gives way to sunny skies
- 09:32 Britney Spears and James Corden's carpool karaoke has dropped and...
- 09:31 Children could soon be TESTED for deadly bacterial infections...
- 09:30 WEATHER: Rain gives way to sunny skies
- 09:30 Moorland body named as Craig Nelson
- 09:30 Guest house wins floral competition
- 09:30 Police hunting this man over 'sex attack' on 14-year-old girl on...
- 09:29 Surf's up in South Yorkshire
- 09:26 VISA MIGRANT SCAM: Fury over handling of probe into Malta's cash...
- 09:26 Plans set to be submitted to reopen Waverley Viaduct in Carlisle
- 09:26 All aboard for four days of Tall Ships Regatta fun
- 09:25 Arsene Wenger basically confirms Arsenal have signed Shkodran...
- 09:25 Bypass call for town after three miles of coastal traffic hell
- 09:25 Nic Naitanui calls for education after child's blackface tribute
- 09:25 Branton five bedroom house for sale at £595,000
- 09:24 On your marks, get set, bake with beer
- 09:24 Meet Preston’s newest social media star
- 09:24 Shock video of ‘petrol bomb’ attack as burglars target Preston house
- 09:24 Elderly woman missing from city centre is found