Police 'used dead children's ID'
Undercover police officers working for Britain's largest force used the identities of dead children and issued fake passports in their names, it was reported.
The Metropolitan Police authorised the practice for covert officers infiltrating protest groups without consulting or informing the children's parents, The Guardian reported.
Over three decades generations of officers went through national birth and death records in search of suitable matches, the newspaper said. The creation of aliases resulted in officers being issued with official documents such as driving licences and national... read more
- 04:07 Marcus Rashford: These are the three Manchester United stars I...
- 03:36 Golfing great Jack Nicklaus joins the battle against crazy Kim Jong-un
- 03:28 One in three adults enjoys a holiday fling
- 03:00 Employment Support Allowance: Benefits re-test for chronically ill...
- 02:57 Ryder Cup 2016: Darren Clarke and Davis Love III in buoyant moods...
- 02:55 Ace Ryan scoops two titles
- 02:46 Election 2015 polling day: Birmingham takes to the polling stations
- 02:44 Momentum vice-chairwoman suspended from Labour amid anti-Semitism row
- 02:41 Momentum vice-chairwoman suspended from Labour amid anti-Semitism row
- 02:34 Ryder Cup 2016: Europe's captain Darren Clarke opts to sever star...
- 02:34 Ryder Cup 2016: Rory McIlroy apologises to Dustin Johnson amid...
- 02:32 Hull FC talking points: Lessons to learn but 2016 simply special
- 02:30 Are these England's trendiest offices?
- 02:30 Multiple casualties in Rochester business park crash
- 02:27 China official services PMI rises to 53.7 for September
- 02:27 China manufacturing activity expands slightly in September -...
- 02:27 Glencore's former No. 2 aluminium trader buys bankrupt U.S. smelter
- 02:23 Dante Fowler Jr making up for lost time as Jacksonville Jaguars bid...
- 02:16 Mission Complete - Rosetta says farewell with comet crash-landing
- 02:15 Rory McIlroy and Thomas Pieters to lead Europe off in the second...
- 02:08 Stanley Spencer: Letters offer a portrait of the artist as a young man
- 01:59 Fine fightback keeps Europe's Ryder Cup hopes alive
- 01:58 Boris Johnson says Russia 'in danger of becoming a pariah nation'
- 01:58 Boxer Mike Towell dies in hospital after Glasgow fight
- 01:58 Sam Allardyce could face football ban over saga that saw him lose...
- 01:55 Boris Johnson says Russia 'in danger of becoming a pariah nation'
- 01:51 Shaun Wane pleased with Wigan resilience in semi-final win over Hull
- 01:43 Damien Delaney hails Crystal Palace character after Everton draw,...
- 01:43 Aitor Karanka claims that Stewart Downing struggled last season as...
- 01:43 Ricky Burns needs Glasgow title defence to secure Las Vegas dream...