Police urge drivers to prepare for winter conditions
As the cold nights begin to draw in, Police are urging motorists to take extra care when driving this winter.
Superintendent Martin Cleworth said it is important all drivers are aware ‘driving conditions may be more hazardous during the winter period’.
“Road surfaces are more likely to be wet in the winter months, which can make them slippery and cause flying spray which is another hazard,” he said.
“There may also be patches of mist, fog and ice, all of which make driving more dangerous.
Read More Vandal smashed up car windows in Ellesmere Port in mindless spree
“To reduce these risks all... read more
- 07:57 Cinema listings
- 07:56 The morning news headlines:
- 07:55 Ashley Young ready to quit Manchester United to earn £5...
- 07:54 Tesco recall ready meal over allergy risk
- 07:54 Chelsea defender deal: Star explains why he’s snubbed the Blues
- 07:54 Number of homeowners moving house falls for the first time in five...
- 07:54 Are you a buy-to-let mortgage prisoner? Brokers warn rising number...
- 07:54 Wife pays tribute to her 'gentle giant' war veteran husband
- 07:54 The hottest investment trusts revealed: Contrarian Murray...
- 07:54 New Grimsby Town midfielder Jamey Osborne can't wait for his...
- 07:54 Five rip-offs and financial wrongs that need to end: From ticket...
- 07:54 Grimsby Town boss eyeing TWO more signings in January window
- 07:53 Three-car crash on A19 LIVE: Lane closed near Sunderland causing...
- 07:53 The morning news headlines: Donald Trump vows to unify the US as he...
- 07:53 Sunshine and colder conditions
- 07:51 New coffee shop in Preston is taking shape
- 07:51 Historic Newsome Mill ponds saved from developers
- 07:50 Cameron House reveals plans for lochside terrace revamp
- 07:50 Liverpool News: Big transfer claim, Premier League title blow,...
- 07:50 Pundit reveals why Manchester City will struggle against Tottenham...
- 07:49 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 20
- 07:49 Donald Trump Inauguration: 'America steps into the unknown'
- 07:47 Manchester United transfer odds on top summer signings including...
- 07:46 Generosity of fundraisers enables mum to stand up fully again
- 07:46 Trust chiefs face £290k business rates increase
- 07:46 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 07:44 Link road closed for two hours after lorry fire
- 07:44 Washington braces for massive protests as Trump becomes U.S. president
- 07:43 Manchester United should have signed this Tottenham star - Harry...
- 07:42 Three-vehicle smash closes lane of A19