Police to get new guidance for responding to people with mental health issues
Police are to be given new national guidance on responding to people suffering from mental health issues.
Officers will also be provided with information on handling calls relating to suicide and bereavements.
Authorised professional practice has been compiled by the College of Policing to help forces in England and Wales provide a consistent response to the public regardless of where they live.
It replaces previous guidance published in 2010 and highlights actions that may help officers address the needs of mentally vulnerable individuals.
Inspector Michael Brown, the college's lead on... read more
- 06:21 Stoke City's first 99 Premier League wins in pictures - PART THREE
- 06:21 Chesterton residents: 'Move these unsightly bins from outside our...
- 06:21 Leek drink-driver fell asleep at side of A53 the morning after a...
- 06:21 Eggs of mosquito capable of carrying the Zika virus found in the UK
- 06:21 Staffordshire County Council family support worker jailed for...
- 06:21 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:20 Manchester United boss Mourinho won't be doing this at Stamford Bridge
- 06:21 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:20 Cancer survivor offering performing arts scholarship to children...
- 06:20 Guardiola reveals first Man City concerns after four games without...
- 06:20 Who has been drink-driving?
- 06:20 Bayern defender explains why Man City coach 'never communicates'...
- 06:20 Nottingham’s own Oktoberfest is coming - with exclusive beer,...
- 06:19 Civil War comes to Sibford
- 06:19 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:19 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:19 Pensioner robbed in Banbury town centre
- 06:14 Youngsters make their mark in commmunity
- 06:14 ‘Killer’ Asian Hornet’s UK invasion worse than we thought
- 06:14 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:14 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:14 Proposed new town in Harborough district could house 7,000 people
- 06:13 Second independence referendum looms as Brexit minister rules out...
- 06:13 Police welcome sentencing of rapist jailed for 10 years after...
- 06:13 Man is jailed for assaulting woman in the Dart Inn in Stapenhill
- 06:13 Jobless in Burton and Swadlincote on the increase, new figures reveal
- 06:13 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:13 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:13 Parents urged to swap candles for LED light for Halloween
- 06:04 Ross Douthat: Trump afterlife could be ugly