Police to get new advice on mental health issues
POLICE are to receive new guidance on responding to people suffering mental-health issues.
The authorised advice on professional practice has been compiled by the College of Policing to help forces in England and Wales provide a consistent response nationally.
Officers will also be provided with information on handling calls relating to suicide and bereavements.
It replaces previous guidance published in 2010 and highlights actions that may help officers address the needs of mentally vulnerable individuals.
College spokesman Inspector Michael Brown said: “Mental health affects every area of... read more
- 18:12 Huddersfield Royal Infirmary nurses terrified by man's strange...
- 18:12 Quarter of new Leicester school places are in poor or average schools
- 18:12 Ice weather warning for Leicester as Storm Ewan sweeps across the...
- 18:12 Ander Herrera: This is what Zlatan Ibrahimovic does to the Man...
- 18:12 Sue’s wing walk will raise cash for hospital
- 18:12 Yorkshire anglers take top prizes at beach fishing event
- 18:11 Surf Snowdonia to host first ever music festival
- 18:11 Cheap flights 2017: Monarch SLASHES fares to Rome to just £29 one way
- 18:10 Barclays brings in former Bradford & Bingley director and Debenhams...
- 18:10 Arsonist fuelled by cocktail of drugs set fire to Wirral home over...
- 18:09 Newcastle newsagents facing alcohol bid backlash as vicar fears...
- 18:06 Winsford clock tower roof blown off in Storm Doris
- 18:06 Body of burned dog found in Branston field
- 18:06 Man, 20, denies alleged serious assault in Nelson Street, Swadlincote
- 18:06 Two-wheeled heroes call for volunteers
- 18:06 Sir John Major attacks 'unreal' Brexit vision
- 18:05 Mum’s warning over Cadbury’s Mini Eggs ‘choking hazard’ goes viral
- 18:05 Eight facts about Pancake Day
- 18:02 Van driver holds cigarette in one hand and phone in the other
- 18:02 Monday Night Football LIVE: Liverpool could leapfrog Arsenal with...
- 18:02 Tributes to teenager who died just 11 days after brain tumour...
- 18:02 F1 testing 2017: Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes fastest as Red Bull and...
- 18:02 Doorman Daniel Fox died after being stabbed in chest following...
- 18:02 The way Andrew Garfield looked at ex-girlfriend Emma Stone during...
- 18:01 Mum’s warning over Cadbury’s Mini Eggs ‘choking hazard’ goes viral
- 18:01 Boy taken to hospital after town centre fight
- 18:01 Eight facts about Pancake Day
- 18:00 Derbyshire drivers facing £100 hike in insurance bills
- 17:59 Daimler picks U.S. trucks chief to replace Bernhard
- 17:58 Saido Berahino: How's that dream move away from West Brom working out?