Police swoop on businesses in crackdown on slavery
Police have begun a series of swoops on businesses and homes across Lancashire looking for potential victims of modern slavery and human trafficking.
Visits to premises like nail bars, car washes, massage parlours and homes suspected of being run as brothels, are part of a week-long crackdown by the county constabulary.
And today Lancashire was hosting its first-ever conference for frontline workers to coincide with National Anti-Slavery Day.
Police and Crime Commissioner Clive Grunshaw, who was due to open the conference at the Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel at Clayton-le-Moors, said: “Modern... read more
- 00:15 John Sheridan apologises for shocking rant in which former Notts...
- 00:15 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admits the need for new signings...
- 00:14 Search for company to design, build and maintain trains for HS2...
- 00:14 Teenager remanded in custody over Leonne murder
- 00:14 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce blasts striker: I won't have anarchy
- 00:14 Newcastle star is making a mockery of Mike Ashley's transfer policy
- 00:14 Chris Ashton reveals reasons for quitting Saracens for Toulon
- 00:14 Ronnie O'Sullivan beats Joe Perry to win seventh Masters title
- 00:11 Young consumers 'expect better service'
- 00:10 Frying and roasting in cancer link
- 00:09 Poet calls for ‘proud nation’ ahead of Scotsman bicentenary
- 00:09 ScotRail boss denies exit is linked to poor performance
- 00:09 Leader comment: Row over nuclear missile is more heat than light
- 00:09 Police: Human trafficking cases ‘could rise’ with new laws
- 00:09 Agency nurses paid £1500 for shifts at Scottish hospitals
- 00:09 Livingston is Scotland’s top performer in house price growth
- 00:09 Labour to reject SNP Budget as pressure builds on MacKay
- 00:09 SNP to reject Commons vote on Brexit as Indyref2 clock ticks
- 00:09 Theresa May faces calls to come clean on failed Trident test
- 00:07 Justice catches up with Leeds rapist who preyed on women as they slept
- 00:06 Great snaps from YFoto members
- 00:04 The Gambia 'missing millions' after Jammeh flies into exile
- 00:04 Arsene Wenger deserves this punishment for dismissal against...
- 23:51 Killer in the kitchen? 'Cancer risk' from crispy potatoes, chips...
- 23:46 Sherlock fans livid after Apple Tree Yard turned out NOT to be a...
- 23:46 Mario Balotelli was racially abused by Bastia fans in recent Ligue...
- 23:42 BREAKING: 'One killed and six injured' after gunman opens fire at...
- 23:38 Footballer Ryan Mason suffers fractured skull after sickening clash...
- 23:38 Deadly storms kill 16, trigger tornado threat across U.S. South
- 23:34 Hull City's Ryan Mason stable after surgery on fractured skull