Police send shoplifters Christmas cards
Police in Northern Ireland are sending Christmas cards to shoplifters to remind them they are being watched.
A PSNI Craigavon Facebook post warned criminals that a "dedicated team" of officers would be monitoring past offenders closely in the coming weeks.
It is hoped the operation - Op Nutmeg - will deter criminals from attempting to steal during the busy Christmas shopping period.
It will be rolled out in cities and towns across Northern Ireland.
"Today we launch Op Nutmeg," read the PSNI post. "It is, in part, as festive as it sounds! To start with, being the... read more
- 18:18 Meningitis not on GP's diagnostic radar, inquest hears
- 18:17 Chester-based Sykes Cottages nominated for fifth British Travel Award
- 18:17 CCTV image released following alleged hate crime at restaurant
- 18:16 Gogglebox star to run in Robin Hood half marathon to help ill...
- 18:16 Crash at roundabout on A16 and A17 causes rush hour tailbacks
- 18:16 Watch Chelsea starlet Callum Hudson-Odoi pull off outrageous assist...
- 18:16 Initiative to tackle food poverty across Cumbria gathers pace
- 18:14 German election 2017: Angela Merkel's Grand Coalition is 'BEST for EU'
- 18:14 Paris attack blunder: Key suspect in terror atrocity ‘STILL on the...
- 18:14 BREAKING: Airport terror as bomb detected by X-ray - explosive...
- 18:14 Deutsche Bank: Central banks are OUT of ammunition if recession hits
- 18:13 Substance over style - the inside track on leading Birmingham City...
- 18:13 The best Christmas events in Birmingham for 2017
- 18:13 Aston Villa captain John Terry's touch of class delights former...
- 18:12 Hotels raise money for blood bikes from beer sales
- 18:11 Three-vehicle collision near Honeybourne
- 18:11 Mystery TV star to switch on Wrexham's Christmas lights
- 18:10 Loved and trusted shop worker stole scratchcards worth £13,000 from...
- 18:10 Have you got Empty Nest Syndrome? It could cost you your marriage
- 18:10 Check out the first ever STOTTIE wedding cake served up for a...
- 18:10 Frustrated travellers play rugby on M1 after bomb scare closes road...
- 18:09 British kayaker Emma Kelty 'murdered' in Amazon
- 18:09 The Chase: Bradley Walsh ‘asks’ for SEX THERAPY from saucy contestant
- 18:08 Man City's Gabriel Jesus nominated for Golden Boy award
- 18:08 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho will take the Carabao Cup...
- 18:07 Young couple jump out of a plane ... for nan
- 18:07 Coronation Street spoilers: Underworld is destroyed by Adam Barlow...
- 18:05 Porsche Mission E has one awesome feature that could make it a game...
- 18:02 M1 to remain closed southbound into the night due to chemical leak
- 18:00 Tractor driver caught on M6 gets police penalty