Police seize cocaine worth £110,000 in Alness
Police have seized cocaine with an estimated street value of £110,000 in a Highland town.
The drugs were recovered in Alness on Saturday 2 June as part of an ongoing operation.
A 26-year-old man has been charged in connection with alleged drugs offences.
Det Insp William Nimmo from Police Scotland's Organised Crime Unit described it as "a significant recovery that has removed harmful drugs from our local communities".
He said: "We will continue to take action against the supply of illegal drugs and would encourage anyone with information to contact us."
The man is... read more
- 01:49 Wales 'behind' in technology to detect prostate cancer
- 01:49 Emotional eating 'learned by children not inherited'
- 01:47 Disabled mother who fought for mobility support back’s charity crusade
- 01:47 Charity urges sandwich generation to speak to parents about death
- 01:47 The Yorkshire Post says: NHS tables turned. Tories try to outflank...
- 01:47 Andrew Vine: Windrush – and how Britain was changed on day the...
- 01:47 Anthony Smith: Rail passengers share woes and demand answers
- 01:47 Leeds City Council reveals new plan for Clean Air Zone charges,...
- 01:46 Developers search for occupiers for remainder of Lomondgate scheme
- 01:42 Nostalgia with Margaret Watson: 150 years of St Saviour’s Church in...
- 01:42 It’s good to talk: Is ‘pink and fluffy’ the way forward for...
- 01:36 Northern Rail: Guards row sparks fresh strikes
- 01:36 Anthony Smith: Rail passengers share woes and demand answers
- 01:36 Leeds City Council reveals new plan for Clean Air Zone charges,...
- 01:31 Tortured puppy shifts Turkey elections agenda
- 01:28 Trump administration scrambles as outrage grows over border...
- 01:19 Disabled mother who fought for mobility support back’s charity crusade
- 01:18 'It's exhilarating': Japan's female sumo wrestlers take on sexism
- 01:14 The Rolling Stones: How Eel Pie Island shaped the band's career
- 01:06 Did colour cost Lenny Kravitz a major role in Big Little Lies?
- 01:02 Susanna Reid in 'constant battle' with Piers Morgan
- 00:56 Palestinian killed as Israel fires rockets
- 00:56 BREAKING: Trump demands tariffs on $200billion of Chinese goods as...
- 00:43 Recording captures cries of children separated from parents at US...
- 00:43 Spain to exhume Franco's remains and turn site into place of...
- 00:43 Teenager arrested over fatal north London stabbing
- 00:37 Why is the St George’s flag controversial - and is it legal to fly it?
- 00:37 Water firms failed customers during 'Beast from the East'
- 00:37 University chiefs to be forced to justify pay
- 00:36 Susanna Reid: I've had enough of men telling me about feminism