Police plea for help after thefts
POLICE are investigating after a man stole more than £20,000 of jewellery from two shops in Oldham and Wigan.
Shortly before 12.30am on Saturday, July 8, police were called to Oldham's Town Square shopping centre after reports of shoplifting.
A man walked into the store posing as a customer and asked to look at two high-value rings before snatching them out of the staff member's hand and fleeing towards the market.
Police are linking the incident to another theft from Tyldesley Arcade, Wigan, on Friday, June 9.
A man entered a jewellers posing as a customer looking to buy an engagement... read more
- 08:25 No seasonal slowdown at Heatherslaw Cornmill
- 08:25 Northumberland farmer lands new role with the CLA
- 08:25 Beer festival helps hospice
- 08:25 Engineers reveal how they made Guy Martin's Mark IV replica tank
- 08:22 Manchester United target £136million double transfer of Antoine...
- 08:21 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Viewers call out Mollie King over...
- 08:21 Devious way a man recorded teenage girl in a shower
- 08:19 A robotic revolution? Newcastle City Council frees up staff days by...
- 08:19 Why does it take so long to turn into North Shields at new Billy...
- 08:19 Current affairs getting you down? Here are some reason to be cheerful
- 08:19 Where we are in the league of shame for stealing from supermarket...
- 08:18 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:17 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:16 ‘Baileys’ recipe video: Here’s how to make your own whiskey and...
- 08:16 We have to start recognising male post natal depression
- 08:16 Manchester United manager opens up on Anthony Martial and Marcus...
- 08:12 Five-star Carolyn leads way at Stratford Oaks’ presentation night
- 08:12 Fire breaks out in pub chimney
- 08:10 Burton hospital governors to be shown plan explaining benefits of...
- 08:09 Sheriffs are coming to town in 2020
- 08:02 A FOURTH multi-storey student apartment block could be on its way...
- 07:55 Aled Jones ‘strongly denies inappropriate contact’ as he is axed by...
- 07:55 Businessman spreading happiness and raising money for charity...
- 07:53 Dog park is the perfect playground for perky pooches
- 07:48 Inside Leeds' new children's bookshop
- 07:43 Ilkeston's last council-run care home under threat of closure
- 07:41 Mum 'disgusted' after finding mouldy meatballs in tin from Aldi
- 07:41 Banbury rail passengers asked to help Small Talk Saves Lives campaign
- 07:36 David Cassidy: Ex-Partridge Family star suffers organ failure
- 07:34 Three 'cruicial' things Hull City fans want as they prepare for...