Police officers face 'rising level of violence from public'
Police officers are facing a rising level of violence from the public, according to their representatives.
A total of 330 Leicestershire Police officers and civilian staff were assaulted in the line of duty in Leicestershire last year.
In previous years, official records showed approximately 100 assaults on officers and staff per year.
The figures, which cover the 12 months between April 2015 and March this year, were released by Leicestershire Police Federation, which represents rank and file officers. Across the country over the same period, the total was more than 23,000.
It believes the... read more
- 15:09 Pundit reveals delight at crucial deal for classy Chelsea winger
- 15:09 Tottenham can overhaul Chelsea in the title race… and this is why -...
- 15:09 Police want to speak to man in connection with assault
- 15:09 Thorntons recall their Jolly Santa on safety grounds
- 15:08 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:08 Mansfield man lashed out over “sex” comments in chip shop
- 15:08 Overweight Burton Latimer dog sheds 4kg
- 15:08 Work begins on next phase of Corby to Kettering rail upgrade
- 15:08 Manchester United ready to stick by Luke Shaw while Manchester City...
- 15:07 Table tennis proves a hit at Rossett school
- 15:07 Quidditch team to hold try-outs in Leeds
- 15:07 Chelsea defender Baba Rahman faces surgery after knee ligament injury
- 15:07 Two new museum heads herald a generational shift in advocates for...
- 15:07 Hull hopes to revive its fortunes as Britain’s latest “City of...
- 15:06 Sturgeon vows to save Scotland from hard Brexit and Tories'...
- 15:06 Blog: Ayr United penalty hero Greg Fleming proves he's spot on
- 15:06 Tuitavake makes first start as Saints make nine changes for...
- 15:06 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:06 Al-Qaeda claims responsibility for deadly bomb blast which left as...
- 15:06 Council agrees college funding
- 15:06 Germany may deport up to 547 'security risk' asylum seekers
- 15:05 Drug-driver admits running down Leeds academic while fleeing police
- 15:05 Showcasing the strength of healthcare firms
- 15:05 Council votes for flexibility as it cancels 35-year waste deal
- 15:04 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:04 Council agrees college funding
- 15:04 MPS: Kashmir must be given chance of 'Brexit'-style vote
- 15:04 Mum who was bought an egg for £25 off eBay now has an emu
- 15:04 Table tennis proves a hit at Rossett school
- 15:04 Sudanese government says rebel group to sign Darfur peace pact