Police not looking for anyone after 'hit-and-run'
A pedestrian was left injured after being hit by a car in Thurnby.
The incident happened in Grange Lane, off the A47 Uppingham Road, Thurnby, at 11.38am yesterday. (Mon)
Leicestershire Police initially said the incident was a hit-and-run, and issued an appeal for witnesses to come forward.
However, later in the day they said that was not the case, and they were not looking for anyone.
The pedestrian was taken to hospital.
Police initially said the pedestrian was in a stable condition, but later said they had suffered "non-serious" injuries.
People who live near the scene of the... read more
- 17:36 Lane of M1 closed due to broken down vehicle
- 17:36 In pictures: 18 famous Edinburgh buildings mid-construction
- 17:36 Davos live stream: Watch the World Economic Forum 2018 online HERE
- 17:35 Here are some top tips for parents if their youngster is a picky eater
- 17:35 What drivers should do when emergency vehicles start flashing their...
- 17:35 Pensioner creates dream ‘two-faced’ car only for police to impound it
- 17:34 South Holland policing inspector backs eastern European recruitment...
- 17:34 Destiny 2 Faction Rally Winner REVEALED as Weekly Reset rolls out...
- 17:34 VIDEO: Woman calls 999 for an ambulance because of broken eggs in...
- 17:34 Parents miss out on 10k a year as unpaid cabbies
- 17:34 One of Birmingham's most popular Indian restaurants has closed
- 17:34 In the battle to find the new Floyd Mayweather, Errol Spence Jnr...
- 17:34 Sean Dyche signs new Burnley contract worth £15.75m
- 17:31 Appeal for the owner of rescued dog
- 17:30 Delays on main road into Wakefield due to burst water main
- 17:30 Jamie Bulger’s mum reveals she felt the spirit of her son visit her
- 17:30 Grantham & Stamford MP blasts PM
- 17:30 8 talking points from the Oscar nominations
- 17:30 ‘No stopping on zig-zags’ appeal from South Holland’s fire officer
- 17:29 PM ‘slaps down’ Boris Johnson over £5bn NHS funding demand
- 17:28 Theo Walcott reveals he came close to appearing in a Harry Potter...
- 17:27 Mayon volcano LIVE: Philippine Mount Mayon forces 56,000 to flee
- 17:27 Songwriter Dave toasts competition success
- 17:26 The Yorkshire Post says: What a racket! Kyle Edmund’s coming of age
- 17:26 The Yorkshire Post says: Boris goes rogue. May exposed by NHS cash...
- 17:25 VIDEO: Woman calls 999 for an ambulance because of broken eggs in...
- 17:25 Residents raise more concerns over potential impact of HS2 on...
- 17:25 Little Lucy, 8, has hair cut off for poorly children and donates...
- 17:25 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Arsenal: Top pundit makes key claim...
- 17:24 Delays on main road into Wakefield due to burst water main