Police name kayaker who died in North Wales Glaslyn river tragedy as Whittington man Thomas Lloyd
A CANOEIST who died after getting into difficulty while kayaking on a river in North Wales has been named by police.
Thomas Lloyd, 24, was on the Glaslyn river near Beddgelert at Aberglaslyn on Tuesday, September 27, when tragedy struck.
Mr Lloyd is originally from Whittington, between Lichfield and Tamworth, and is understood to have been at Bangor University.
The river – a popular spot for white water canoeing – was said to be extremely swollen and fast-flowing that day due to continued rainfall over the preceding 48 hours.
A massive search operation was launched after Mr Lloyd was... read more
- 14:06 Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe calls for 'heroic defending' after his...
- 14:06 Huthwaite leisure centre faces closure
- 14:06 Pictured: Saudi crash horror sisters killed and fighting for their...
- 14:06 Driver killed and woman hurt in horror Tamworth crash
- 14:06 What TV channel is Stoke City vs Manchester United on? Kick-off...
- 14:06 Police cordon in place in Doncaster
- 14:06 Huddersfield tournament brings together boxers from across north of...
- 14:05 Planning applications: Plan for 28 new dwellings in Sowerby
- 14:05 Antonio Conte confirms Chelsea have received bid for this...
- 14:04 Fire rips through building in Saltshouse Road, Hull
- 14:04 Old Town road improvements to begin
- 14:04 Famous North Yorkshire brewery unveils new beer for Six Nations rugby
- 14:04 Whole world at winter party
- 14:04 Festive period busiest on record for region’s NHS
- 14:03 BT announces price hikes for broadband, landline and sport
- 14:03 More staff needed for ambulances
- 14:00 Danger driver jailed for more than six years after devastating...
- 14:00 Naked man found handcuffed and hanged in latex gas mask by...
- 14:00 Italy avalanche: Incredible footage shows moment young boy is...
- 13:59 David Haye creates new promotion company Hayemaker Ringstar in...
- 13:59 Diego Costa is available to play against Hull on Sunday... and he...
- 13:58 Man in court accused of attempted murder of police officer
- 13:58 Appeal lodged following Carlisle pub assault
- 13:58 REVEALED: Derbyshire schools GCSE performance tables
- 13:58 Rangers star Barrie McKay should jump at the chance to move to...
- 13:57 Police want to trace this Tuebrook man as part of attack probe
- 13:57 FC Stratford boss Poulson rues poor decision-making
- 13:57 Wirksworth joins ‘Bridges not Walls’ banner drop as Donald Trump...
- 13:57 QUICK QUIZ: This week’s news in questions
- 13:56 Builder, 34, has jail term slashed after attack on Andy Bemrose