Police in crackdown on uninsured drivers on South Yorkshire's roads
0 Have your say Motorists will be pulled over by the police in a crackdown on uninsured drivers across South Yorkshire this week.
Officers will stop motorists to check their documents in a bid to drive down the number of uninsured drivers on the roads.
The action forms parts of a national awareness week launched as part of Operation Drive, devised by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau, to highlight the dangers of driving without insurance.
It is hoped that it will reduce the number of deaths on the roads,with 23 people killed in South Yorkshire so far this year.
The Motor Insurers’ Bureau claims... read more
- 09:33 Rio Ferdinand: My kids would not talk about grief
- 09:33 Police concerned for missing man from Boston
- 09:33 Russia covered up a nuclear disaster four times worse than Chernobyl
- 09:33 School of the Week: St Cuthbert’s Primary School, Pateley Bridge
- 09:33 Ending Loneliness campaign event: Special opportunity to volunteer...
- 09:32 Alan Shearer: Jose Mourinho will make life tougher for this...
- 09:32 Louis van Gaal tipped to replace Man United star's dad at Holland -...
- 09:32 Joe Rogan not ruling out Conor McGregor KO'ing Floyd Mayweather: He...
- 09:32 Transfer News: Chelsea deal agreed, stunning Man Utd talks, player...
- 09:32 Biker hurt in west Cumbrian crash
- 09:31 Rush hour collision causes delays for motorists on main Doncaster...
- 09:31 China developers drag down Hong Kong shares after fresh property curbs
- 09:31 Doncaster chef lands starring role in new Mrs Brown show on BBC1
- 09:31 Drivers warned that section of A6 to remain closed until end of August
- 09:31 China upset as Japanese minister visits self-ruled Taiwan
- 09:31 Hong Kong protest leaders ominously told they face charges day...
- 09:31 Kane Williamson hits 148 to hand New Zealand first-innings...
- 09:30 Road blocked due to fracking demonstration
- 09:30 Apparently we should we all be aiming to walk 15,000 steps a day
- 09:30 Boozed-up husband assaulted his wife after a row
- 09:29 £2.37bn overspend on insurance to continue
- 09:29 Drugs raid on nightclub uncovers 40 cannabis plants
- 09:28 Former Coventry City defender Cyrus Christie 'in shock' after...
- 09:28 Former Coventry City loan star Adam Armstrong fires England U20s to...
- 09:28 Ireland v Iceland TV channel, date, kick-off time and odds
- 09:27 Sean Gregan’s exclusive PNE column
- 09:27 Boozed-up husband assaulted his wife after a row
- 09:27 Cameras head out to 23 Derbyshire routes to catch speeding drivers
- 09:27 The Dock Tower - Grimsby's iconic landmark - celebrates its 165th...
- 09:26 Man who punched hole in ex’s wall gets a community order