Police fail to find mobile phone of missing RAF serviceman after searching bin lorry
POLICE searching for a missing RAF serviceman failed to find his phone in a search of a bin lorry.
Officers revealed the information as they extended an appeal for witnesses in the hunt for Corrie McKeague, 23.
The Scot disappeared 10 days ago after going out for the evening with friends in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
Officers who examined mobile phone data believed Corrie’s handset may have been lost or discarded and ended up in a bin lorry.
But the Nokia Lumia 435 was not found in a refuse truck that was seized.
On Monday, Corrie’s mum Nicola Urquhart, of Dunfermline, issued a public appeal... read more
- 13:26 Martin Keown: Jack Wilshere will get a new Arsenal deal but it...
- 13:26 New scheme to speed up muscular appointments
- 13:26 Prime Minister praises Hillsborough families for campaign for justice
- 13:25 What is austerity?
- 13:24 YP Comment: The Hillsborough fight for justice – and how it can...
- 13:24 The pint-puller that's better than a bartender! Students create a...
- 13:23 The latest store to open at Bullring revealed
- 13:23 German fiscal plans include provisions for possible ECB rate hikes...
- 13:23 General Election 2017 result has caused 'collapse' in consumer...
- 13:22 Campaign week for Erb’s palsy
- 13:22 Liverpool target Naby Keita admits he wants to join Manchester City
- 13:22 Scots version of Harry Potter to be published
- 13:22 SO Fest performances in Horncastle relocate to Stanhope Hall due to...
- 13:21 Hillsborough: What the six defendants are accused of
- 13:20 Rare bee-eater birds seen at Nottinghamshire sand quarry
- 13:20 Mileposts project nears completion
- 13:20 Tributes paid to 17-year-old girl 'angel' Saffron Pickering
- 13:20 Appeal to find teen last seen outside Nottinghamshire supermarket
- 13:20 Get your free Herald bottle of water at Stratford River Festival
- 13:20 PICTURE: Cute little kestrel chicks are laid at Conisbrough Castle
- 13:20 Manchester United forward Anthony Martial responds to Old Trafford...
- 13:19 Three-year sentence for spice dealer given a second chance
- 13:19 Michael Bond, creator of Paddington bear, dies at 91
- 13:19 Debris causes delays
- 13:19 Fun event assault and theft probe by police
- 13:19 Ramadan event helps victims of terror outrage
- 13:19 Korean nuclear firm to be 'long-term partner' in Cumbria
- 13:19 Popular Paul to get public send-off
- 13:19 First birthday joy for miracle twin sisters
- 13:19 Manic episode 'caused killing'