Police evacuate building due to suspected bomb attack in Germany
German police confirmed they were evacuating a building in the eastern city of Chemnitz on Saturday on suspicion that a bomb attack was being planned.
Officers and told residents in the affected district to stay at home.
Police launch murder inquiry after man shot dead in Croydon Police appeared to use force to enter the building, and said on Twitter: ‘The explosion heard was an access measure by the police. A relevant person could not be found.
‘Please remain in your apartments within the cordoned off area and follow the instructions of the police here and on site,’ Saxony state police... read more
- 00:13 Syria: US-backed rebels ‘colluding with Isis’
- 00:13 France: Parisians march against Macron’s latest diktats
- 00:13 New Zealand: Adern still in with a chance to be PM
- 00:13 NHS: Hospital waits reach record high
- 00:13 Picturehouse staff strike again
- 00:13 Chelsea News: I will miss Diego Costa, but Alvaro Morata is...
- 00:13 Tottenham News: Harry Kane is worth £100m like the best in the...
- 00:13 McDonnell: We’ll Slam the Lid on Tory Credit Crisis
- 00:07 How plastic became a victim of its own success
- 00:07 How jeans giant Levi Strauss got its mojo back
- 00:07 Labour to offer some women earlier retirement option
- 00:07 Gender pay gap widens for managers
- 00:07 Labour will allow women hit by state pension age changes to retire...
- 00:06 World of entertainment joins the NFL as they #taketheknee and defy...
- 00:06 Gaz Beadle gets new inking dedicated to his unborn child after...
- 00:02 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Ten million tune in for hottest opening...
- 00:02 EastEnders spoilers: James Willmott-Brown to KILL Kathy Beale in...
- 00:01 Kane able to be ‘one of the world’s best strikers’
- 00:01 Harry Leslie Smith: We can do it again
- 00:01 Sane shows his worth as City dominate at home
- 00:01 Blades boss gets birthday present in Steel City derby
- 00:01 Magpies denied a point by Seagulls
- 00:01 The state is closing its ranks on spycops
- 00:01 The secret state is the real threat to democracy
- 00:01 You can’t be a pessimist and a socialist
- 00:01 Corbyn makes correct EU call
- 00:01 North Korea: Pyongyang stages anti-US rally amid mud-slinging
- 00:01 South Africa: Communists condemn loss of 2,000 gold mining jobs
- 00:01 Women ‘too frightened to travel at night’
- 00:01 Big Issue’s Bird wants renters to get credit