Police end dig for clues for missing toddler Ben Needham on island of Kos
The police dig for clues over the disappearance of toddler Ben Needham on the Greek island where he vanished 25 years ago has ended after three weeks.
South Yorkshire Police said officers formally ended their search on the island of Kos on Sunday afternoon.
Ben, from Sheffield, disappeared on July 24 1991 after travelling to the island with his mother and grandparents.
The search operation was prompted by information that digger driver Konstantinos Barkas, also known as Dino, may be responsible for the toddler's death, as he was clearing land with an excavator near where Ben was playing on... read more
- 14:00 Liz is lining up against the best
- 14:00 Barcelona to report Malaga president Abdullah Al-Thani after...
- 14:00 Javier Mascherano has never shrunk from anything in seven glorious...
- 14:00 Man hit by rock is ‘improving’
- 14:00 You have just ONE WEEK to spend your old paper £5 notes
- 14:00 Tony Ferguson slams Nate Diaz: He's all on Conor McGregor's d**k!
- 14:00 National Lottery results: Winning Lotto numbers for tonight's...
- 13:59 How ELO play a vital part in new blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy 2
- 14:00 UKIP candidate will stand for Wales
- 13:59 Could Aston Villa sponsor the Aston Expressway?
- 13:59 Spineless SFA should not 'pass the buck' over child sex abuse –...
- 13:59 Taps aff? Scotland set for a scorcher after May bank holiday as...
- 13:58 Two new businesses move into the Arcade
- 13:57 German soldier posed as Syrian refugee and 'planned attack'
- 13:57 Teacher denied op that could “save her life’’
- 13:56 The 11 stars who could miss Tottenham v Arsenal this Sunday
- 13:56 Caring Darren rasies hundreds for Bassetlaw children’s ward with...
- 13:56 Garage to be rebuilt along with 26 new properties?
- 13:55 Council gives green light to controversial travellers’ site
- 13:55 Strike up the band for the finale of popular concerts
- 13:54 Plans revealed to expand Isle of Axholme primary school
- 13:54 Winner of EuroMillions prize who bought ticket in Doncaster fails...
- 13:53 Susanna Reid in shock as cameraman DESTROYS Good Morning Britain set
- 13:53 Kim Kardashian says armed robbery was meant to happen in first TV...
- 13:53 Tottenham v Arsenal Combined XI: Would any Gunners make it into the...
- 13:51 Lewis Hamilton opens up on ‘painful’ Bahrain defeat ahead of...
- 13:51 Lloyds bucks expectations of post-Brexit dip as first-quarter...
- 13:50 Pendle sex predator jailed for life
- 13:49 Car-free Channel Island in Avis car hire advert 'gaffe'
- 13:49 Dame Judi: I love Tracey Ullman's 'evil Judi' sketches