Police donate cannabis compost to asylum seekers
Merseyside police have donated eight bags of cannabis compost to asylum seekers.
Police seized the compost from cannabis farms in the area and gave it to Asylum Link Merseyside, an organisation that welcomes and supports those seeking asylum in the area.
The compost has been used on vegetable patches at the Edge Hill-based centre, where asylum seekers grow spinach, runner beans and peas which are all made into meals on site.
Euan Roberts, the manager of Asylum Link, told The ECHO: “When asylum seekers arrive in the country, there’s very little for them to do in the UK, but this gives them... read more
- 15:40 Prison recruitment drive sparked by safety concerns reaches it target
- 15:40 Big Pedal fortnight set to see thousands of parents and children...
- 15:39 Britons killed in Saudi Arabia crash
- 15:38 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 15:37 Chelsea vs Southampton: Full line ups and team news for FA Cup clash
- 15:36 Stoke 1-1 Burnley: Ashley Barnes equalises for Clarets in second...
- 15:32 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:32 Arsenal 4-1 West Ham: Late goals from Aaron Ramsey and Alexandre...
- 15:32 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 15:31 TV star Paul O'Grady devastated after death of his beloved dog Olga
- 15:29 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:29 NHS staff and patients to celebrate ‘Experience of Care Week’
- 15:29 Thousands of fans pay tribute to Avicii at Coachella following his...
- 15:26 Lesbian mum told baby won’t be legally registered because she is gay
- 15:25 Rafael Nadal beats Kei Nishikori to win the Monte Carlo Masters for...
- 15:25 Courts: Man avoids jail despite attack with rounders bat
- 15:24 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:24 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:22 Can you pass the UK citizenship test? Take this quiz and find out
- 15:22 Funding boost for police operation targeting Calderdale's dangerous...
- 15:22 How much do London Marathon 2018 winners get in prize money?
- 15:21 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:21 Police raid illegal Thai orgy and find ‘sweating middle-aged...
- 15:21 Majority get first choice school
- 15:21 Trump says North Korea nuclear crisis 'long way from conclusion'
- 15:19 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:19 Meeting to discuss access to cancer services for patients in Cumbria
- 15:18 WEEKEND WEB: Keeping people in their homes
- 15:18 Get the squad together: BBC Three is looking for mates to go on a...
- 15:18 Man arrested outside Birmingham Airport after 'threatening to shoot...