Police crackdown on uninsured drivers that are blighting our roads
0 Have your say A campaign to crackdown on the number of uninsured drivers on the region’s roads is being backed by West Yorkshire Police.
Operation Drive aims to drive down the number of uninsured drivers as the problem continues to be a priority concern.
In the first nine months of 2016, West Yorkshire Police Officers have seized 5361 vehicles for driving without any insurance.
Sgt Gary Roper of the Roads Policing Support Unit said; “We are aware that drivers using the roads without insurance is something that most law-abiding drivers want agencies to take action against. West Yorkshire... read more
- 07:19 Trader in tears after council uses 700-year-old law to charge her
- 07:18 Martin Flanagan: Will PM’s strategy stop rise of the robots?
- 07:18 Distrust of politicians helped fuel Brexit vote, report finds
- 07:18 Central England Co-operative customers raise more than £200,000 for...
- 07:17 Bad part of the egg
- 07:17 Will it be another white elephant?
- 07:14 Year-long battle for Derby's Silly Sids over £26k cannabis...
- 07:12 South Yorkshire Police issued with night vision cameras to catch...
- 07:11 Aston Villa transfers: Medical staff member teases signing...
- 07:11 Liverpool FC transfer rumours: Midfielder targeted, Daniel...
- 07:11 Labour candidate calls on Prime Minister to visit hospital
- 07:11 Police concerned for the welfare of missing north Cumbrian woman
- 07:11 Plans to develop historic Carlisle site welcomed
- 07:11 Ripley delighted as Northants sign England Under 19 skipper on loan
- 07:11 Stan Wawrinka sees off Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in straight sets to...
- 07:09 Teaching 'weakest aspect' of education in Wales - Estyn
- 07:09 Top execs of Abu Dhabi's Etihad airline group to quit amid strategy...
- 07:08 Chester man's depraved killer must spend the rest of his life...
- 07:08 Tottenham key men reveal all on Man United transfer rumours: This...
- 07:08 Liverpool legend: Jurgen Klopp must make this tactical change at...
- 07:08 Talksport presenter: I heard this Man United transfer will happen
- 07:07 Woman survives chip pan blaze in Sheffield
- 07:07 Virgil van Dijk injury update: Southampton boss admits star man...
- 07:07 South Yorkshire Police search for missing man
- 07:07 Yellow warning for fog in Derby as Met Office cautions driving...
- 07:07 Breaking news: Burst water main on busy Derby road
- 07:05 Campaign to attract more teachers to Northamptonshire
- 07:04 Man United Transfer News: Chelsea to gazump £38m deal, winger...
- 07:02 Why much loved tree could be set for reprieve after all
- 06:58 Live: Breaking news from Liverpool and Merseyside Tuesday January 24