Police chief slams 'sensational claims' after Christopher Halliwell conviction
A chief constable has slammed "sensational and unsubstantiated claims and speculation" made following the conviction of a taxi driver for his second murder.
Christopher Halliwell, 52, formerly of Swindon, Wiltshire, murdered Becky Godden, 20, in January 2003 and Sian O'Callaghan, 22, in March 2011.
He was handed a rare whole life order - meaning he will never be released - at Bristol Crown Court last month after being convicted of Miss Godden's murder.
Wiltshire Police are now working with other forces and the National Crime Agency (NCA) to identify possible further victims of... read more
- 20:58 Andy Murray shakes off racket rust in promising Queen’s Club comeback
- 20:57 'Minor explosion' reported at north London tube station
- 20:55 Nasa Mars exploration robot snaps smug selfies in dust storm that...
- 20:51 Kieran Brookes knew Wasps were right for him after a get-together...
- 20:51 Coventry City's big away day trips to look forward to in League One
- 20:50 Tube station evacuated after ‘explosion’ during rush hour
- 20:48 Man with three wives 'tied woman's legs together and raped her' -...
- 20:46 Dumped dog found on side of road had such badly matted fur his paw...
- 20:45 Frankie Dettori seizes centre stage with treble at Royal Ascot
- 20:45 England World Cup news: Marcus Rashford delivers verdict on Tunisia...
- 20:42 Mum tells how son died of cancer 2 years after being diagnosed when...
- 20:42 The incredible things Marcus did before losing cancer fight -...
- 20:40 Demonic possession is REAL, says psychiatry professor who's spent...
- 20:40 A 'saboteur' in the ranks: Elon Musk says rogue Tesla employee...
- 20:37 Popular Harrogate restaurant to move location
- 20:37 'Minor explosion' closes London tube station
- 20:36 Man laughs and smirks as he kicks cat across field like a football
- 20:36 'Essentially summer camps': how the right is defending family...
- 20:36 Abandoned dog dumped on roadside after foot rotted away
- 20:36 Crete resort death: West Sussex man guilty of manslaughter
- 20:35 Cancer centre expansion delay
- 20:28 Capita awarded £500m MoD contract despite 'highest risk rating'
- 20:27 US 'to quit UN human rights council'
- 20:24 Queen Victoria marble portrait saved from export to tune of £1m
- 20:23 Liverpool's most polluted roads revealed
- 20:23 Police keen to speak to group of males on bikes after targeted...
- 20:23 MP vows ‘the Mack will rise again’ after devastating blaze
- 20:22 Man ‘told parents he would kill one and make the survivor...
- 20:21 Woman died after getting stuck in Pennal airing cupboard
- 20:21 Bakewell pudding sent to the edge of space goes missing