Police attacked as 'creepy clown' craze gets out of control
Police were targeted as they attempted to crack down on a rise in incidents of 'creepy clowns'.
Plain clothes and police community support officers were sent to try and calm the situation in west Cumbria - but ended up being the target of youths.
Cumbria Police has confirmed a van was "egged" yesterday evening while parked in Hensingham Square, Whitehaven.
A dispersal order was put in place at 6pm yesterday, and is set to last until 5.59pm tomorrow.
It is just one of 23 incidents reported to the force in the past 24 hours alone - bringing the overall total to more than 60.
Other... read more
- 14:05 Bury CCG considers cutting IVF cycles to balance books
- 14:05 How they rated: Preston North End’s players marked out of 10 for...
- 14:05 Father's warning after daughter cuts her arm on broken glass on...
- 14:05 Man arrested following incident at Cumbrian school
- 14:05 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 14:04 Children kept mother’s body at home to keep collecting her pension
- 14:03 EA kick-start recovery of the River Witham following major...
- 14:03 Boy, 15, arrested over murder of Sheffield teenager
- 14:02 MH17: Australia and Netherlands accuse Russia of complicity
- 14:01 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho ‘crazy’ about Real Madrid ace and...
- 14:01 Champions League final: Wijnaldum makes Liverpool trophy claim...
- 14:01 The rise of the dog-napper
- 14:01 Parachute plot: The ex-girlfriend who walked away
- 14:00 Where to eat in June: New London restaurants you should check out
- 14:00 Project Update: Final element of retail park bid given green light
- 14:00 Nexus reveal Bank Holiday timetable changes for Metro services
- 13:59 Harvey Weinstein charged with rape and sex abuse against two women
- 13:57 Boy, 15, arrested over murder of Sheffield teenager
- 13:57 It could all be so simple … why did Lauryn Hill disappear?
- 13:57 Fans left with 'invalid' tickets in Ed Sheeran anti-tout scheme
- 13:57 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 13:55 Kickboxing star who spars with Tyson Fury claims Gypsy King would...
- 13:54 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 13:53 Bosses blame bad winter weather for delay in opening Sunderland's...
- 13:50 Lakeland Dialect Society to hold church service
- 13:49 Father's warning after daughter cuts her arm on broken glass on...
- 13:47 Ptich perfect boost for Preston youth football club
- 13:47 Emergency incident blocks all railway lines between Meadowhall and...
- 13:46 Saudi Arabia arrests key activist in human rights crackdown
- 13:46 Woman who posted Holocaust denial songs to YouTube convicted