Police appeal for collision witness to come forward
1 Have your say Officers are continuing to appeal for information following a serious collision in Burnley and want to trace a woman who stopped at the scene. The incident happened at around 9-30am on Saturday when a 70-year-old woman was involved in a collision with a Volkswagen Transporter van as she attempted to cross Padiham Road.
The woman suffered serious head injuries and, following surgery, remains in a critical condition at Royal Preston Hospital.
Police are now urging anybody with information about the incident to contact them, specifically a woman officers believe witnessed the... read more
- 09:32 Best pubs to stop by during a walk in Lancashire
- 09:31 Next Chelsea manager: Slavisa Jokanovic discusses rumours ahead of...
- 09:31 Champions League EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool hero explains how Real Madrid...
- 09:31 Police find $28m cash in raids linked to Malaysia ex-PM Najib
- 09:30 Houston Rockets one win from NBA finals after edging Warriors in...
- 09:30 Alastair Cook admits ‘wicket did more than expected’ after England...
- 09:30 Funding crisis leaves High Peak school at ‘breaking point’
- 09:29 Anderson Talisca breaks silence on Manchester United and Liverpool...
- 09:28 Rodney Jackson, solicitor and judge
- 09:28 Have your say on tackling rural crime in your area
- 09:28 Champions League final: Liverpool fans' anger after Kiev flights...
- 09:27 Brexit, waiting times, funding: Generation Z on threats to the NHS
- 09:27 United Utliities spends £817m on regions water service
- 09:27 Former WWE star to guest at Wigan Comic Con
- 09:27 Couple tracked down and killed homeless man after he insulted woman
- 09:27 GDPR explained: Make sure you don’t ignore the irritating emails...
- 09:26 Have your say on tackling rural crime in your area
- 09:25 Blown away by Barbados! Discovering history, beauty (and rum punch)...
- 09:25 Yacht a lot we've got! Anneka Rice treats her family to their own...
- 09:25 Get your tickets for the Team Verrico summer ball
- 09:24 Project update: Highfield Gardens,Blackpool
- 09:23 Polls open for Ireland’s abortion referendum
- 09:22 Man has wallet stolen by woman after asking her to hold it
- 09:22 Boy, desperately called his gran as his dad died in front of him...
- 09:22 M58 link road WILL go ahead
- 09:21 Football transfer rumours: Tottenham to sign Wilfried Zaha?
- 09:21 Trump-Kim summit: Koreans 'see peace being taken away'
- 09:21 YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain dies aged 33
- 09:21 New surround sound speakers for community cinema
- 09:20 Five casualties after two car collision on busy Burnley road