Police appeal for collision witness to come forward
1 Have your say Officers are continuing to appeal for information following a serious collision in Burnley and want to trace a woman who stopped at the scene. The incident happened at around 9-30am on Saturday when a 70-year-old woman was involved in a collision with a Volkswagen Transporter van as she attempted to cross Padiham Road.
The woman suffered serious head injuries and, following surgery, remains in a critical condition at Royal Preston Hospital.
Police are now urging anybody with information about the incident to contact them, specifically a woman officers believe witnessed the... read more
- 13:16 Message in bottle washed up at Ingoldmells touches hearts of residents
- 13:15 Police appeal after two suffer multiple injuries in Kidderminster...
- 13:15 What is Laylat al-Qadr? This is what happened in Birmingham as...
- 13:15 Finsbury Park terror attack victim 'died of multiple injuries'
- 13:15 Grenfell blaze: MP wants sprinklers fitted to all Birmingham's 213...
- 13:15 Hospice of the Good Shepherd has a brand new Skoda up for grabs
- 13:15 How to keep your EU citizenship rights after Brexit
- 13:15 easyJet flight made emergency landing after two women had a midair...
- 13:14 Doncaster factory workers get on their bikes for 110 mile charity...
- 13:14 Vote for your top curry house in Harrogate
- 13:12 The silence of stillbirth
- 13:12 Southern rail: Report into disruption is 'attack on staff'
- 13:12 Family of Finsbury Park attack victim say he lived life...
- 13:12 Phillip Schofield SNAPS at Trinny Woodall over THIS shock comment…
- 13:12 Peter Vincenti 'delighted' to sign for Coventry City from Rochdale
- 13:11 Investigation under way after burglary at Harrogate store
- 13:10 Appeal following theft of trailer
- 13:10 ‘How is the man I saved on the beach?’
- 13:09 Fun and games are in store at this year’s Greenlaw Festival
- 13:09 U.N. blames warring sides for Yemen's "man-made" cholera "catastrophe"
- 13:09 Iconic Cumbrian common leased to trust.
- 13:07 Barcelona reject Manchester United's offer for Andre Gomes -...
- 13:07 Campaigners win latest battle in High Court to stop Catesby's...
- 13:07 The heatwave is over - so when is it going to rain in Leicester?
- 13:07 Watch Leicester kids tell off selfish and dangerous drivers outside...
- 13:07 Brave Uppingham mum who raised thousands for brain tumour charity...
- 13:06 On set with the stars of BBC TV's hit drama The A Word
- 13:06 Survey reveals Warwickshire adults lost £9 million to cyber crime
- 13:06 Woman injured after crash in Morecambe
- 13:06 Space trip for Banbury Space Studio pupils