Police advise residents on how to keep burglars at bay
Police are reminding residents in north Northumberland to keep their doors and windows securely locked to stop burglars.
Unusually warm weather in late September and earlier in October has meant people often having windows open and doors on the latch, leaving homes insecure.
Police have seen opportunist burglars take advantage of this to sneak into homes to steal.
Superintendent Mick Paterson, of Northumbria Police’s Northern Area Command said: “We know only too well that an open door is the same as an open invitation to a thief. Would-be burglars will walk up a street trying door handles... read more
- 07:52 M1 crash near A52 Brian Clough Way causes traffic problems
- 07:51 Grimsby Town winger Ashley Chambers talks about his comeback from...
- 07:51 Grimsby Town vs Portsmouth MATCH PREVIEW: Ashley Chambers desperate...
- 07:50 Santa body shames nine-year-old boy
- 07:50 Arsenal legend: Arsene Wenger had the chance to sign this superstar...
- 07:50 Transfer News: Arsenal’s Cazorla replacement, Chelsea eye £38m bid,...
- 07:50 Russia says close to reaching understanding on Aleppo with U.S. - Ifax
- 07:48 Former Caralot partner Jamie Caple apologises after Spondon firm...
- 07:47 New average speed cameras on a Lincolnshire road catch 190 speeding...
- 07:47 Driver in disbelief over parking ticket for being 10 SECONDS late
- 07:47 Why are the swans disappearing from Brayford Pool in Lincoln?
- 07:47 New home for flood-hit centre
- 07:47 Barton under Needwood became a different place the day Arnold...
- 07:46 Gay priest loses appeal in discrimination claim against Church
- 07:45 M1 reopens after 17-hour closure due to lorry crash
- 07:45 Leicestershire weather: Cloudy with rain to start, clearing later.
- 07:45 Scunthorpe firm sees surge in sales after receiving cash boost
- 07:45 Humberside Police rated 'good' for legitimacy
- 07:45 Rochdale game is the only focus for Scunthorpe says manager Graham...
- 07:45 Humberside Police has highest grievance rate in the country
- 07:45 £6.5m futuristic flats plan for Scunthorpe town centre
- 07:45 'Tent town' row as council found only one of the protesters to be...
- 07:44 UK online supermarket Ocado's sales growth dips
- 07:43 Schoolboy lunges at people with a knife before being shot by police
- 07:43 Couple who left newborn with ‘catastrophic injuries’ to go to...
- 07:43 Here's what pupils of transgender Hull teacher Claire Birkenshaw...
- 07:43 Man returns overdue library book 120 years later
- 07:43 Where can you buy Hull City Of Culture 2017 merchandise?
- 07:43 Hero rugby players push ambulance free after it became stuck in...
- 07:43 Saints scrum-half Groom raring to go after honeymoon period