Poet helps to collect scattered memories
0 Have your say A poet has discovered an innovative way of bringing poetry to life for dementia sufferers, and others in the community.
Northern Poetry Library poet in residence Jo Colley spent the last few months working with the Morpeth community.
At Riverside House care home she helped dementia sufferers work with scattered memories of poems.
Jo encouraged the group – most in their 80s – to think of snippets of poems, perhaps one line or a collection of words. Using the collected lines they jointly authored a villanelle – a late 19th century poetic form – about the care home and its... read more
- 14:12 Nominate a first aid hero
- 14:12 Boozed-up reveller attacked doorman after being turned away from pub
- 14:12 Yorkshire weather: Temperatures could rival Tenerife as spring...
- 14:11 Yorkshire weather: Temperatures could rival Tenerife as spring...
- 14:11 Kirkby man accused of murdering Paul Groom to stand trial this summer
- 14:11 Pictures show the scale of damage caused to a barber shop after an...
- 14:11 EIB asks French diesel inquiry to probe Renault's use of loans
- 14:11 Planning applications: Plans for alterations to the Dusty Miller
- 14:10 Shamed police inspector found with £700k of drugs 'a disgrace to...
- 14:10 Nominate a first aid hero
- 14:10 More ‘smart motorway’ work to begin next week
- 14:10 Watch Miss Leicestershire contestants put through their paces
- 14:09 Brexit 'could damage UK's ability to fight corruption'
- 14:09 Signaller on TV railway series – and Grantham’s bridge strikes get...
- 14:08 BREAKING: Police investigate death of baby
- 14:08 Wall St opens higher; healthcare bill vote awaited
- 14:07 Chelsea News: Nemanja Matic the reason for Premier League success –...
- 14:07 Jordan Henderson: I was told on phone a move to Liverpool had been...
- 14:07 Karen completes charity challenge to swim length of English Channel...
- 14:07 Get a FREE Domino's pizza this weekend with this simple trick
- 14:07 CCTV camera near scene of St Ann's knife attack had been removed...
- 14:06 Duo travel back in time to take on a 120-mile canal stroll!
- 14:06 Morecambe singer’s charity to use power of music
- 14:06 Tesco to cut petrol and diesel prices by 2p ahead of Mother’s Day
- 14:06 Falcons’ feathers will boost BAE jets
- 14:05 Grimsby Town boss Bignot on latest links to Lambs favourite
- 14:05 Polesworth man takes on epic journey across country for Herald...
- 14:04 Deadline for voter registration is near for Deepings and Bourne
- 14:04 New survey on youth mental health services in Lincolnshire
- 14:04 New team to prevent employee shortages