Poet helps to collect scattered memories
0 Have your say A poet has discovered an innovative way of bringing poetry to life for dementia sufferers, and others in the community.
Northern Poetry Library poet in residence Jo Colley spent the last few months working with the Morpeth community.
At Riverside House care home she helped dementia sufferers work with scattered memories of poems.
Jo encouraged the group – most in their 80s – to think of snippets of poems, perhaps one line or a collection of words. Using the collected lines they jointly authored a villanelle – a late 19th century poetic form – about the care home and its... read more
- 16:38 WATCH: Higher Wheelton girl honoured with national Macmillan award...
- 16:38 Military veterans are ‘not confident getting the help they need...
- 16:37 Northamptonshire governance crisis ends Cherwell council partnership
- 16:37 Oxfordshire County Council retains ‘good’ Ofsted rating for...
- 16:36 Northamptonshire governance crisis ends Cherwell council partnership
- 16:36 Knightcote murder trial: Jury to decide whether Warwickshire pilot...
- 16:33 Six ways the royal wedding will rewire your summer look
- 16:33 Tesco home delivery customers left fuming over computer glitch
- 16:33 Harry Potter and Tom Kerridge fuel Bloomsbury's record revenue
- 16:34 Joy at birth of incredibly rare reindeer twins in Highlands
- 16:33 What is ruby chocolate and how is it made?
- 16:33 Scottish employment numbers hit record high
- 16:33 Jet Airways now offers direct flights from Manchester to Mumbai
- 16:33 Can you listen to music during Ramadan?
- 16:33 With Google Lens, you might not need to remember the name of...
- 16:33 Harry and Meghan attend first royal event since wedding
- 16:33 Harry and Meghan make first appearance as married couple at...
- 16:33 Watch: Former Coventry City winger slapped by Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- 16:33 How much are your old movie posters worth?
- 16:33 Forced marriage trial: Police urge other victims to come forward
- 16:33 Porsche ordered to recall 60,000 diesel cars over emissions: is...
- 16:33 Bubble Rush raises more than £20,000 for Kettering charity
- 16:33 Burnley MP slams £1m. waste of county compensation payouts
- 16:33 Success at second Saltfleet Gala event
- 16:33 Jamie Robson signs new two-year deal with Dundee United
- 16:21 West Midlands Mayor Andy Street wants control of hundreds of...
- 16:33 Wages failing to keep up with house prices
- 16:33 Cyclists warned over 'bandit country' canal tow path after masked...
- 16:33 Liverpool fans LOVE what UFC star Darren Till said about the...
- 16:33 Knightcote murder trial: Jury to decide whether Warwickshire pilot...