Plastic fantastic! Scientist shines a laser through the Queen's neck on the new £5 note to reveal hidden feature
The Bank of England's new plastic £5 notes are said to be virtually indestructible -difficult to tear and capable of surviving a washing machine.
But in addition to its durability, science presenter Steve Mould has discovered a cool hidden feature relating to the window of the new note.
Mr Mould explained: 'If you shine a laser pointer through just the right spot on the Queen's neck then project it on to the opposite wall you'll see a triangular star field.'
Mr Mould explained that Canadian banknotes, which like the new fiver, are made of polymer, have a deliberate security feature where,... read more
- 03:49 Kelly O'Dwyer forced to admit banks royal commission was needed
- 03:46 Why a faecal transplant could save your life
- 03:31 The Lido author Libby Page on the power of uplifting fiction
- 03:17 WW1 hero to be honoured 100 years after daring submarine raid
- 03:17 Corbyn speaks to Welsh Labour as Carwyn Jones quits
- 03:11 Bug appetite: German supermarket sells burgers made from worms
- 03:08 Who really blew up the twin towers?
- 02:56 Labour losing ground to Tories in ‘left-behind’ towns as it gains...
- 02:56 Get your dog chipped and checked for free at these sites
- 02:22 Cholesterol-lowering injections 'reduce chances of heart attacks by...
- 02:14 Lost Anthony Burgess essays reveal his hidden inspirations
- 02:09 Welsh communities secretary quits over allegations about ‘personal...
- 02:07 Observer killer sudoku
- 02:00 Stage hit celebrates the weatherman who prevented D-Day disaster
- 01:56 ‘One of my favourite ever auditions!’ Simon Cowell saw dollar signs...
- 01:56 Kim Kardashian shares close-up kissing photo with Kanye West ahead...
- 01:56 Britain's Got Talent: ITV show 'cuts footage of Ant McPartlin...
- 01:56 Avicii's body to be flown home to Sweden this week as police find...
- 01:56 Tamzin Outhwaite, 47, 'moves her toyboy beau Tom Childs, 26, into...
- 01:56 Tristan Thompson was 'flirting' with two models after spending...
- 01:56 Gigi Hadid steps out in NYC after attending a 35th birthday party...
- 01:56 Suki Waterhouse dazzles in a semi-sheer embroidered gown as she...
- 01:50 Youngsters show off netball and football skills
- 01:49 Jeremy Hunt threatens social media with new child-protection laws
- 01:41 Earth Day 2018: What is it and why do we need it?
- 01:40 Shirley Williams: testament to my extraordinary mother Vera Brittain
- 01:31 5 easy ways to lower your carbon footprint in honour of Earth Day 2018
- 01:23 AC Milan 0-1 Benevento: Visitors still afloat thanks to Pietro...
- 01:22 Cats vs dogs: in terms of evolution, are we barking up the wrong tree?
- 01:14 Kell Brook mocks Amir Khan as rivals face off in the ring after...